[Contest] Tower Contest - Winner Announced

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Could i turn in like a little late and not be able to win just to see how i did?

Yes. I'll grade it if you want.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Ghan...please post a exact time u stop from receiving update...
Like....2 more hours the entires are closed
or something like that...i am fixing a few misc bug on my map..

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I will probably allow posts for about 11 more hours. Don't panic. I plan to announce when there is about 1 hour remaining. Maybe both 2 and 1 hours. I won't just say, "No more!" out of the blue on you. ;)

Reaction score
>Grading Assistant: PurgeandFire
Grading is shared with these guys :p

Gonna do my tower ready for midnight. So I can fix all triggers, and also check if all comments have correct information.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
JASS:
local real minus = GetUnitState(GetKillingUnit(), UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE)-GetUnitState(GetKillingUnit(), UNIT_STATE_LIFE)
local integer healed = GetRandomInt(0, R2I(minus)) //heal random integer inside the lost hp of the tower
call SetUnitState(GetKillingUnit(), UNIT_STATE_LIFE, (GetUnitState(GetKillingUnit(), UNIT_STATE_LIFE)+healed))

This is the Healing trigger...As you can see...It is random integer between 0 and the lost hp of the tower....so just dont say it as like i am making it to be unbalance...

Download It here !!
bloodrushtk8.jpg

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
yes you can...as soon as the entries arent close

Edit
Aw...forgoten to add in implementing instruction :p
Replace here !!

Blood Rush v1.4

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Got back home in time to finish this.

Na-Lopper:
It has 2 S shaped sodium blades, directly opposing each other, they spin around the middle of the tower and their direction can be changed at any time, damage, blade length, and degrees per interval are controllable via globals and interval can easily be changed in the triggers. The tower also spawns player controlled water elementals which can react with the sodium blades and explode, AoE, damage, and spawns per minute (1-60 I know works, over 60 may work, I didn't calc that math, just a warning) are in globals.

Also, water elementals that are destroyed by the blades leave behind an NaOH, and other water elementals that come within 200 range of it will become Alkaline elementals, capable of damaging enemies with immolat-alkaline burns. NaOH and both elementals have a set lifetime, in a global, alkaline damage and NaOH range is in the object editor.

And lastly, the tower is powered by a warp core that is automatically spawned in front of the tower when it is completed, the warp core can be ejected over a great range to deal <damage> over an <AoE>, however, this stops the spawning of elementals, and causes the blades to disintegrate. This is the bit I'm most unhappy with, I'm not really good with JASS, so I didn't have time to make this MUI, instead, I stripped out all the waits, it doesn't look quite as good, but the only MUI danger is a temporary point variable nearly unique to that trigger (its also in an example map spawn trigger, but thats not part of the tower), it is used to place 2 special effects, I needed that wait so the other 2 sfxes didn't appear until the infernal sfx had ended.

Import instructions are in the Documentation triggers, they are fairly simple, 7 triggers, 9 custom units (no modified ones), and 4 custom abilities (once again, no modified ones).

Good luck all. If you play the demo map, tell me how far you get, I never made it past wave 3.

Attachments

• Tower Contest - UnknowVector.w3x
    64.8 KB · Views: 231

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
GL everyone and ghan, ill turn mine in tomarrow or PM u it if closed sincei got an all day Linkin Park concert today :p

And no guys i can win

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Linking parks midnight album, really, really disappointed me, put a ascar on my heart ^.^, By the way, Magentix, your tower looks quite challenging to create, what made you think of it ^.^?

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
I wanted to make a TD more challenging, where you'd have to put every single bit of fire-power you had into anti-air, anti-siege, etc.

So I came up with an idea which allows for a sort of "mirror image" type of tower, only way more controllable what you want mirrored and for how long.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, everyone. This is the 1 Hour mark. Have your towers in by then, or they will not be graded.

> can i still join?

You have 1 hour.

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
Herald of the Tides v1.02
updated August 18, 2007

One more update.

Good luck, everyone!

Attachments

• Herald of the Tides v1.02.w3x
    28.6 KB · Views: 192

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Contest is now Closed for submissions.

The grading will start immediately. Good luck everyone!

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
K. So did anyone code theirs in JASS? If not I guess I am not needed to grade... Unless I need to help grade on other concepts. :p

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
No one has so far that I've seen. If they do, I'll send you a PM.

First Round grades are posted. Magentix and 0zaru are in the lead.

Three more categories have been graded. See the first page for the results.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Hey Hey! Any Jass needs grading, send it to me too :p.

Whatever. Nobody gave me an idea, so I had nothing to do -.-* .

-Waaaaagh

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.