Controlling the network

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Hi.

I would like a tool for controlling the network.
Here's how I imagine it to work:
I install it in my router somehow, and then install a client on my computer. I create an admin acount so that only I have control (even if other computers on the same network has the same client installed.)
The client then allows me to watch incoming and outgoing network traffic and tell me how much bandwidth each uses. It should also allow me to control how much bandwidth each connection should have, and if I want to completely terminate/block it.

Is there such a thing available to download somewhere, or is it just in my imagination?

Thanks in advance.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
really the only thing that you can "install" into your router would be firmware updates, tomato, or dd-wrt, which are replacement firmwares - now all of them should have some sort of management software, where you can create an account and log-in securely with a password and all and see connected devices (by going to the router via a web browser, usually something like 192.168.123.254) - I don't know of any that can give you that much control, however some of them have some ways of giving priority to certain ports/programs/computers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.