Converting a trigger to MUI

Xebarsis

Reaction score
I have a spell that traps a bunch of units in web, then after 10 seconds the web is removed from the inflicted units. Unfortunately, if a player casts two different webs, the first group that was webbed does not have their buff removed... which is bad because it means they're stuck forever. I need some help converting this trigger to MUI:

Trigger:
  • Giant Web
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Giant Web
    • Actions
      • Set WebGroup[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Units within 350.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
      • Set TheOtherPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Web for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TheOtherPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TheOtherPoint)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in WebGroup[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set ThePoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ThePoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Giant Web (Single Target) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Fiend - Web (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ThePoint)
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in WebGroup[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Giant Web (Air) buff from (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Remove Giant Web (Ground) buff from (Picked unit)

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Why don't you just make the web last 10 seconds in the object editor? Is there something wrong with doing it that way?

Xebarsis

Reaction score
Why don't you just make the web last 10 seconds in the object editor? Is there something wrong with doing it that way?

In the future I plan on making it so that if someone walks into an already placed web they get trapped as well.

Xebarsis

Reaction score
Alright, well could someone at least tell me how to clear this leak?

Trigger:
  • Set WebGroup[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Units within 350.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))

RMX

Reaction score
Well there is an easy way ...... use CLUSTER ROCKETS and change it's models to WEB and stun to 10 seconds and change the buff to a WEB....... so they are trapped in the WEB = Stunned for 10 seconds......... easy object editor manupilation :)

SwedishChef

Reaction score
if you want to learn mui look at sodas guide and download the demo. read everything in the map and the guide and you will know everything. i learned mui after half an hour maby with this guide

Xebarsis

Reaction score
Well there is an easy way ...... use CLUSTER ROCKETS and change it's models to WEB and stun to 10 seconds and change the buff to a WEB....... so they are trapped in the WEB = Stunned for 10 seconds......... easy object editor manupilation :)

I thought that was a fantastic idea to begin with, but then I realized that it wouldn't just trap the enemy, it would prevent them from attacking, casting spells, using items, etc. I just want the units to be immobilized from movement.

Angel_Island

Much long, many time, wow
Reaction score
Try creating a dummy unit that has the web model. Then use a trigger that is when someone comes close to any dummy unit, another dummy unit is created and throws a web on the unit.

Xebarsis

Reaction score
Try creating a dummy unit that has the web model. Then use a trigger that is when someone comes close to any dummy unit, another dummy unit is created and throws a web on the unit.

Well, what I'm trying to accomplish when it comes to a unit walking into the web and getting trapped, I want it so that once the giant web expires, the web is removed from everyone in that area regardless of when they walked into the web.

I could make it so that it removes the buff from anyone around the dummy unit when it dies, but the only issue is if there's two webs in the same area.. which brings us back MUI.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
read sooda's tutorial, the one i posted earlier, and it'll become MUI...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.