Cool new arena game idea.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
You may have seen another post I made about an evolution game I was making. I just trashed this idea, because I thought of a very unique Arena map idea that I want to make badly.

So, I thought of it after playing Angel Arena morphed. I like the aspects of creeps and bosses in an arena aside from enemy players, making you work together as a team to bring down the bosses.

So my map will be basically something like that. You'd pick a hero, and then there would be like 5 spells or something including an ultimate. All spells aside from the ultimate would have maybe 7 levels. The maximum player level would be 30. Therefore you can't max out all spells, so you'd have to be careful about which you chose depending on how you want to play the game. It would be a pretty wide open, free-roam type of arena with creeps all over the place, and halls/portals leading to bosses and dungeons. While you're in these dungeons, your territory is open for attack, so you'd have to be strategic.

The next unique idea I have is "Perks". Not sure how i'll implement it yet, maybe a shop. But basically with enough gold you'll be able to buy different perks, the stronger ones being more expensive. There would be two types of perks, ones that affected your team, and ones that affected the enemy team. The ones that affected your team could be individual or team-wide that gives you buffs or temporary powers. The perks that affect the enemy team on the other hand would give them bad buffs and weaknesses for a temporary time. So you could plan ambushes and etc if someone was going to use one of these perks.

Next, there would be two different ways to get gold on top of killing creeps and players. 1: Your "Dungeon Runner" rank. The more bosses or mini-bosses you kill, the more your rank would rise. The higher your rank, the more gold income you get every 5 minutes or so.

The second way is player killstreaks. The more players you kill without dying, the more gold you get per kill. So the first kill would be the basic gold, maybe 2000 or something. Then the second kill would be a "Double Kill" and you'd get 4000 gold. 3 kills would be "Multi kill" at 7000 or something, next is "Conquering" , "Dominating", and the last one would probably be "Champion". On top of that, if you managed to kill an enemy player at all, you'd probably gain some stats (Maybe like 5 per stat at first, more as the game goes on.)

There would also be uncommon "sagas" that happened at certain points in the game, where strong groups of enemies and bosses would appear somewhere on the main map itself. The team who killed him would probably get an item or two and a decent sum of gold per player.

Now, as I mentioned, i'm quite impatient when it comes to making maps. This is where you guys come in.

You can make map suggestions, things I should add, how the map should look, bosses, items, etc. Since you're the player, it's good to get info from you.

The thing i'm MAINLY looking for is heroes and spells. That's probably the part I hate the most, because it takes long to create the hero and then each individual spell. Plus, as players, it would be cool for you to be able to create heroes as you think they should be. So give me some different unique heroes and spells. If you want me to add you somewhere to the questlog, just give me your wc3 username in your reply and I will for you. If any of the spells are triggered, either tell me how to do it or link me to a map that has the triggers in it. You can give me a link at all for any hero if you feel like it, actually.

Also, tell me what you think of the idea in general!

Smitty

Reaction score
I'm actually making something fairly similar to this, and I'm already working on it, but it's at a relatively early stage. I made a post about it in the members project section asking for people who wanted to work creatively with me, so have a look and if you want to we can merge our ideas, since it sounds like you have some very similar thoughts to mine :D

I'm no pro with the WE, but I seem to be getting by, shoot me a pm if you're interested :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.