Game Cool Retro Board Game - 1981 Dark Tower by Milton Bradley

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Dark Tower is an electronic board game made by Milton Bradley in 1981 - A fantasy adventure born of electronic wizardry. The kids that there hands on these during the days - they were some lucky kiddos!

This game is quite rare and valuable with copies going as high as 400 or higher US Dollars on Ebay.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score

Return To Dark Tower - a true Modern Classic​

This game is the spiritual sequel and modern remake of Milton Bradley's Dark Tower, which I reviewed previously. And Restoration Games, my goodness, they threw everything at this. The minis are beautiful, the art gorgeous and the tower! It has lights, it makes sounds, it plays music depending on what you're doing! It's a real technological leap forward for what board games can be. I knew I wanted the miniatures painted for this game and make the game look its best. The process of filming this though?....its been a nightmare! You can quite easily write into a script or review something that you've observed in a game through playing it numerous times...but for that thing to happen? and to catch it on camera? Yeah, it's taken an enormous amount of patience to capture everything about this game. I hope though that you enjoy it.

For an age, the tower lay in ruins. Unbeknownst to the people of the realm, a great evil stirred in its bowels. It started with strange sightings: a flock of crows flying in circles until they dropped from the sky, the lake frozen solid in the height of summer. In time, they could not deny that which they most feared.

The evil had not been vanquished. The darkness would soon fall again. The tower will rise.

A "sequel" to the 1981 grail game, Return to Dark Tower is a game for 1-4 players who take the role of heroes. Together, they gather resources, cleanse buildings, defeat monsters, and undertake quests to build up their strength and discern what foe ultimately awaits them. When the heroes face the tower, the game shifts into its dramatic second act, where the players have one chance to defeat the enemy once and for all.

The game features both cooperative and competitive modes of play.

The game features traditional game mechanisms, such as engine building and resource management, paired with a technological interface unlike any seen before in games, including the titular tower, which holds more than a few secrets.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.