Crime Cops use Taser on woman buying too many iPhones

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
the "wish" was the legal right of the apple store management to refuse entry to an individual on their private property and the police were upholding the law
Seriously, the video shows that "she wasn't even inside the freaky Apple Store"

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Seriously, the video shows that "she wasn't even inside the freaky Apple Store"

and where is the prior video that would have shown that? conveniently excluded?

look, if she never entered the store, then she could sue the police for lots of $$, and the officers should know that and act accordingly - but I am pretty sure that she did indeed enter the store (why else would she be there?)

FireCat

Reaction score
and where is the prior video that would have shown that? conveniently excluded?

look, if she never entered the store, then she could sue the police for lots of $$, and the officers should know that and act accordingly - but I am pretty sure that she did indeed enter the store (why else would she be there?)
I meant when the "Police brutalize occurred" she wasn't inside the store. She was outside.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I meant when the "Police brutalize occurred" she wasn't inside the store. She was outside.

so your point is that after a person commits a crime, if they leave the scene, then police should not arrest them?

Yeah no shit s few thousand volts is effective.

volts = worthless measure in this circumstance - you need to look at the amps and the duration rather than the volts

you also get shocked by a few thousand volts whenever you walk across a carpet and then touch a doorknob

FireCat

Reaction score
so your point is that after a person commits a crime, if they leave the scene, then police should not arrest them?
No But she didn't commit a crime. The woman Just tried to buy extra iPhones. .
They should be "happy"over it.

FireCat

Reaction score
the first crime committed was trespassing on private property
No crime have been committed. It's a phone store and it was open for consumers. Right? Otherwise everyone would be tasered! She should sue the crap out the store and the police.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No, amperage is not that important. Voltage is important, because voltage is what carries the current which barely needs to exist. It makes no difference how many amps you have if you don't enough voltage.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
They might have had the foresight to actually make sure she knew what was going on when they issued it.

I agree that better communication would help, but being ignorant is never a good excuse

But it's still a store! And it does not warrant being tasered anyway.

FC, I doubt I can reason with you, but just because a store exists does not mean that everyone is welcome - lots of stores forbid entry for those who don't dress up enough (or perhaps don't look like they can afford the merchandise) - regardless of the reason (I agree that it is stupid in this case), the stores do have the right to refuse entry for basically whatever reason they want, as it is private property

the tazer had to do with her resisting arrest rather than her entering the store, lets try and keep the two separate if possible?

No, amperage is not that important. Voltage is important, because voltage is what carries the current which barely needs to exist. It makes no difference how many amps you have if you don't enough voltage.

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~p616/safety/fatal_current.html
The real measure of shock's intensity lies in the amount of current (amperes) forced though the body, and not the voltage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock
Very small currents can be imperceptible. Larger current passing through the body may make it impossible for a shock victim to let go of an energized object. Still larger currents can cause fibrillation of the heart and damage to tissues.

damage done = energy dissipated by the body
energy dissipated = time * power dissipated

power dissipated = voltage * current = current ^2 * resistance (depends on the specific person's body in this case)

the voltage on a tazer is drastically lower when it is actually connected to something that allows a current to flow through it - it's voltage rating is largely irrelevant in such a case, and a more important number would be the max current that it is capable of producing

Varine

Reaction score
The taser needs MAYBE five milliamps. Anything above that will cause fibrillation or just stop your heart entirely. You need the voltage to carry that through the body against it's resistance. You can thousands of amps and it won't do a fucking thing if you don't have the voltage to carry it. Again, the amperage is not that important and easily achieved. And regardless of that, the comment was a figure of speech and as you seem fond of doing, you're taking it to make a different argument that is totally irrelevant.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The taser needs MAYBE five milliamps. Anything above that will cause fibrillation or just stop your heart entirely. You need the voltage to carry that through the body against it's resistance. You can thousands of amps and it won't do a fucking thing if you don't have the voltage to carry it. Again, the amperage is not that important and easily achieved. And regardless of that, the comment was a figure of speech and as you seem fond of doing, you're taking it to make a different argument that is totally irrelevant.
ha ha, varine got owned.
Go slapshot go slapshot!

FireCat

Reaction score
the tazer had to do with her resisting arrest rather than her entering the store,
I do know what you mean. But It's the store's fault for making such drama and they did call the cops.

"A customer wants to buy $something worth of ours product. So please kick her out and taser her." eh?!

Seriously, they should Just close this "crap store" down! And the cops should taser themselves. Simple as that.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
A tazer is designed to be used in self-defense, no? Were two police officers really worried about their safety in this situation?

Varine

Reaction score
No, I didn't, because he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I do know what you mean. But It's the store's fault for making such drama and they did call the cops.

"A customer wants to buy $something worth of ours product. So please kick her out and taser her." eh?!

Seriously, they should Just close this "crap store" down! And the cops should taser themselves. Simple as that.
My guess is that they restrict the quantity you can buy at a time to prevent ass wipes from re-selling the phones at a profit or to make the iPhone craze last longer; like, "ohmigosh, I really want that new phone so bad but it's so hard to acquire one!"

Woman tried to go past the limit, they had every right to "kick her out" and I'm pretty sure the store manager didn't tell the cops to taze her.

Rofl, no one's gonna' close their store down over an incident caused by the cops.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.