Couple Mapping Questions

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
-Is the only way to remove an item from a shop after use, vie trigger?
-How do you remove the number "1" indentation on the bottom right hand corner of the icon from the ability being sold in my shop?
-I'm trying to pick multiple types of units to either kill or move, but I've tried and AND or and both haven't worked =/.
Trigger:
  • Beacon of Deception Red
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (BeaconofDeception[1] is alive) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set temp_group = (Units in (Playable map area)(((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to |c000000ffWar Hawk) and (((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to |cFF333333Skittering Horror) and (((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to |c00800080Dark Elf Archer) and (((Unit-type of (Picke
      • Unit Group - Order temp_group to Move To (Center of Center <gen>)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temp_group)

Trigger:
  • Death Shroud Red
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (DeathShroud[1] is alive) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set temp_group = (Units in (Playable map area)(((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to |c00800080Dark Elf Archer) and (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to |c00800080Corrupted Ancient) and (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to |c00800080Vile Corruptor) and (((Unit-ty
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))

That's an example of the two. And on that note, I'm also wondering how I would be able to only have it kill one of those units at a time for the latter, killing one. And I need that same method to apply to another one, which takes control of units (preferrably one at a time) in your base:
Trigger:
  • Web of Corruption Red
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (WebofCorruption[1] is alive) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set temp_group = (Units in Red Base <gen>(((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (For each (Integer A) from 1 to 1000000000, do (Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color))

-Lastly and most importantly, again on the note of picking a "unit type of triggering unit:"
Trigger:
  • Mana Draw
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Mana Draw <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |cffffcc00Slave
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (Owner of (Triggering unit)), at offset (0.00, 0.00) the text: |c00d9d9ffYou cast ...
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
          • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 5000
          • (Number of units in (Units in Red Spawn <gen>((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to |c00ff0000Orc Raider))) Equal to 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Set temp_group = (Units in Red Spawn <gen>((Number of units in (Units in Red Spawn <gen>((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to |c00ff0000Orc Raider))) Equal to 10))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Player - Set (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold to (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold) + 4000)
              • Unit - Kill (Matching unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Set temp_point = (Center of Mana Draw Finish <gen>)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to temp_point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)

Any idea why this isn't killing the unit? It says it casts it, but does nothing. And I specify the unit and everything, dunno. I didn't have the set temp_group thing in there before, but I tried to make a loop to see if that would fix it, but it didn't do anything.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
Set temp_group = (Units in (Playable map area)(((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to |c000000ffWar Hawk) and (((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to |cFF333333Skittering Horror) and (((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to |c00800080Dark Elf Archer) and (((Unit-type of (Picke
Unit Group - Order temp_group to Move To (Center of Center <

set this to matching unit... units in playable map area matching (Matching unit equal to war hawk and matching unit equal to yada yada yada...

change your variables in each trigger from temp_group to something like temp_group1, temp_group2, etc...

change this trigger to
Web of Corruption Red
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
(WebofCorruption[1] is alive) Equal to True
Actions
Set temp_group = (Units in Red Base <gen>(((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True))
Set counttempgroup = number of units in (temp_group)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (For each (Integer A) from 1 to counttempgroup, do (Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color))
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temp_group)

Is the only way to remove an item from a shop after use, vie trigger? yes, if not it'll go on cooldown...
-How do you remove the number "1" indentation on the bottom right hand corner of the icon from the ability being sold in my shop? change the type of item it is, make it permanent or misc... i think one of those gets rid of the small one in the corner...

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is the first trigger as it should look like ;)
Just exchange the units to the other ones in the second trigger :D
Trigger:
  • Picking Units
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman) or (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Knight) or (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Rifleman) or ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Mortar Team)))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)

And just so you know... A unit group loop is the same as an integer loop, it does the actions for one unit at a time, which means that you don't need that Integer loop in the last trigger, just use the normal Unit Group loop ;)

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
@jig, sorry I forgot to mention I DID have them at matching unit, but it didn't work, so that's just a previous trigger. Also, the killing one has it done correctly and still doesn't work. Well, as for temp_group, I tried casting them simply one at a time, and it still didn't work, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Thanks, I'll try the counttempgroup thing. I tried both perm and misc, neither worked.

Oh, btw when I set the temp_group to just like "all units in playable map area" it works fine. Which is also why I think it has nothing to do with the variable itself.

@Kom, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here? I understand the counttempgroup thing if that's what you mean, and will try it for the other.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Ok, just so you know, my trigger works just fina... I tested it myself :p
And what i mean is that the action, For each integer A from x to y, is just the same as a Unit Group loop(close enough atleast XD)And you shouldn't use integer A loops inside a Unit group loop, since that usually creates alot!, of lag. since it will do the actions(i use you example with the integer loop 1 to 1000000000) 1000000000 times for each unit, which is quite alot XD

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Lol yeah, but I mean I was just testing to see if it would kill em one at a time. Which it didn't. And you mean you did the 'unit type of triggering unit' concept and it worked? Can you show the trigger..?

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, if you just want to kill them one at a time, why not just add a wait in the loop then ;)
Just make sure it's not longer than 1 seconds since loops aren't that good with waits :D

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
What do you mean..? Could you post an example of where to put the wait/loop or w/e? And are you implying jig's method doesn't work?

EDIT: Nvm, just tested jig's method. It didn't work. =/

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, i'm just saying that if, for example, there are 10 units in counttempgroup, then that trigger would change ownership of each unit to player 1 red 10 times which is very unnecessary, right :S

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Though what is it exactly you want??? You want it to kill all those units with like 1 second interval ?

Komaqtion

Reaction score
And that's why you've made a trigger with the event "Every 1 seconds"??

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Ok, but sorry, it's 12 o'clock here now XD will do it tomorrow though, if no one else has made it before that XD

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas with the numbers thing?

Also, what is the function to remove those items from the shop after use, assuming that's the only way?

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, for the item thing, use this:
Trigger:
  • Remove Item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Tome of Experience
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Remove (Item-type of (Sold Item)) from (Selling unit)

Though this will only work if you've added the item to the shop by triggers, if i remember correctly :S

And for you last question there, you used:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Kill (Matching unit)

It's supposed to be:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)

;)

And for the other triggers, this will work, have tested ;):
Code:
[B]Picking Units
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Temp_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman) or (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Knight) or (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Rifleman) or (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Mortar Team) and
        Set Temp_Group2 = (Random 1 units from Temp_Group)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group2 and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group2)[/B]

There is supposed to be another comparison after that last "and" there:
Code:
(((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.