"Crash"

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well after reading about 6-8 posts today when searching crash i noticed something funny. When noobs start a gigantic project like a RPG they normally have one or two posts before that about one of thier old RPG's. When people ask about it they say canceled. So when people ask why they cancel they say "my computer crashed and I lost all my info" So I think its in Newbie Human Nature to lie even about maps that in the end produce nothing except a few hours of play time. And I think its a little wierd that instead of saying they don't have the time or ability to complete the project they lie and say thier computer crashed. But they could have asked us for help with knowledge (sp?) or they could ask for help directly on thier map. Anyone else who agrees with me please do me a favor and comment on this. If you don't agree please comment anyways. If you are one of those who does this please listen to my advice, I am not flaming you. Just trying to help.

-Oninuva

Tonks

Reaction score
>Just trying to help.

How the hell does this help, in any way, shape, or form? This is essentially a flame thread, with you commenting on how you think you're better than the noobs.

What, in all honesty, is the purpose of this thread?

Oninuva

Reaction score
This helps because i'm telling noobs to not ask for help in thier member project threads and also not to post 10 projects in a day.

Tonks

Reaction score
i'm telling noobs to not ask for help in thier member project threads

Why not? What's the thread for, if not to promote their map and get ideas and help?

And, I see neither of those statements in your post, all I see is a large, generalized, flame.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
My computer has crashed 3 times since I bought TFT. I don't think that people are lieing about their computers crashing, either. World Editor itself has probably lost about 6 or 7 of my maps, so it does happen pretty often. I have learned that whenever I do anything in WE, I try to follow a few rules:

-NEVER turn off your computer with World Editor open. Even if you've already saved, it will wipe the map.
-NEVER use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to end the program. It can wipe the map.
-Try to wait a little bit after closing World Editor before turning off your computer. It has wiped out a map once for me when I saved and closed WE, and as soon as it closed, I shut off the computer.
-Don't try to do more than your computer can handle. If it starts to lag and you can't close it, or anything like that, it can cause a critical error and close.

But they could have asked us for help with knowledge, or they could ask for help directly on thier map.

I have asked for help, but I haven't gotten any replies on some of my projects, so this isn't true.

Most of my projects have died from either me not having enough time to do much on them, or from a lack of interest (from me and from other people on this forum).

Oninuva

Reaction score

Most of my projects have died from either me not having enough time to do much on them, or from a lack of interest (from me and from other people on this forum).

Exactly. It's not from crashing.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly. It's not from crashing.

I was just trying to tell the whole truth about my experiences, so I had to add that part in. I've only had 2 or 3 projects die from "either me not having enough time to do much on them, or from a lack of interest (from me and from other people on this forum)."

While i've lost around 10 from the map being corrupted, or my computer crashing.

Tonks

Reaction score
Ever seen what HeavyLocker does to a roc map?

A while back, I thought heavylocker was an optimizer, as I been informed that it was. I used it on several of my maps, before I realized that it was what was destroying them.

WorldEditor is possibly one of the programs with the worst file-saving system I've seen. For the many reasons that Darthfett has stated, I've lost maps to most of those causes.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
One little mpq file gets destroyed, and the GUI has its pink matter all over the sidewalk :/

I've had my share of troubles with editor...granted I don't try to hard on maps, but it is not perfect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.