Create effect trigger not working

blastintime

Reaction score
Hi, I need help ^_^. I dont get this thing. Im playing around with the "Create Effect At Point (From Unit)" trigger.

What I want is to create "Perdition Turret - Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (Set)" infront of my unit as if he was attacking like a Perdition Turret
(I modded it so that it doesnt need to target a unit but instead a point to work)
EDIT: I dont care about the visual effect at all btw, only need damage

This is what my code looks like.
Code:
Create Effect At Point (From Unit)
    Effect: Perdition Turret - Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (Set)
    Point: Point With Polar Offset
        Point: Position Of Unit
            Unit: Player Unit
        Distance: 4.0
        Angle: Facing Angle Of Unit
            Unit: Player Unit
    Caster: Player Unit
I tried it on some enemy drones but no one lost any hp. Then I tried the exact same effect in a spell instead of a trigger and it worked fine. :S
This is what it looked like in the spell
Code:
Field    Ghost - EMP
Effect: AI Notify Effect    Ghost - EMP (Launch Missile)
Effect: Calldown Effect    (None)
Effect: Cursor Effect -
Effect: Effect -    (Perdition Turret - Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (Set))
Effect:  Index 0    Perdition Turret - Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (Set)
Effect: Effect Range +    ((0,500))
Effect: Marker +    1:(Disabled|Enabled|Disabled|Disabled):(Enabled|Disabled|Disabled|Disabled):Abil/EMP
Effect: Markers Used +    Approach, Prepare, Cast, Channel

Does anyone know how to make it work properly?

EDIT: Just to make it clear, its not the trigger itself Im blaming for not working:p, I tried it with Psi Storm and it worked fine then. But its something about the Perdition attack effect that makes it work in normal cases but not here

blastintime

Reaction score
You created a visual effect, in order to damage units you have use a damage effect too :)

"Perdition Turret - Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (Set)" is a damaging effect, It did damage when I had that effect in a spell. Or what do you mean?

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I have the italian editor... so i have different names but the damage is done by "Perdition Turret - Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (damage)" the other effects are made in order to search for targets, create falmes etc etc.
I found it! Ok the (set) effect is the first one that runs when the weapon fires, there is a chain of effects that unburrow the flamer, searches for targets, creates flame visual effect and damages targets.

blastintime

Reaction score
I have the italian editor... so i have different names but the damage is done by "Perdition Turret - Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (damage)" the other effects are made in order to search for targets, create falmes etc etc.
I found it! Ok the (set) effect is the first one that runs when the weapon fires, there is a chain of effects that unburrow the flamer, searches for targets, creates flame visual effect and damages targets.

I know:p, the (set) starts the (Persistent) which creates mutliple areas. In each area a (search) is run and if a target is found it runs (damage) on it. So imo the (set) should work for in this case, unless I missunderstood something.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Your main problem is that the Persistent effect is required to be channeled which is not happening. To solve this, go to the Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (Create Persistent) effect and uncheck Channeled in the Effect: Flags + property.

This should now deal damage but the problem you'll have is that the persistent is created at the Source Unit (your caster unit) and not your target location (this is just how this particular effect works). To fix this, you need to set the Target: Location + and Target: Location Offset - Start properties to Target Point on the Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (Create Persistent) effect.

blastintime

Reaction score
Your main problem is that the Persistent effect is required to be channeled which is not happening. To solve this, go to the Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (Create Persistent) effect and uncheck Channeled in the Effect: Flags + property.

This should now deal damage but the problem you'll have is that the persistent is created at the Source Unit (your caster unit) and not your target location (this is just how this particular effect works). To fix this, you need to set the Target: Location + and Target: Location Offset - Start properties to Target Point on the Perdition Turret Flame Thrower (Create Persistent) effect.

I want the effect to start at the caster tho and then hit everything between caster and target. I have Location Offset - Start at Source Point and Location Offset - End at Target Point.
Tried without channeled but it still didnt work. Thx for looking it up tho.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.