Created Units/buildings in game,event within range help

Psycho-Noob

Reaction score
I have a few questions so bear with me :(.
So i have a map where the player can produce units and structures. <--duh right?

q1. What i want to happen is set it so that if a unit comes close to a certain type of unit it dies(example) without having to
give it immolation. The problem is that this is going to be a unit that was produced in-game and the event "within range"
function only let's me choose units from the terrain editor(unless i am missing something).

q2. I have made a builder unit that makes a custom building. i gave it build ability and set the techtree for it to be able to
build it but it only begins building it and stops.(construction bar is at 1%), how do i fix this?

q3. Is it possible to make immolation invisible so that there is no green glow?(this question is pointless if there is a soloution
to q1).

Anyway thanks in advance. Sorry if I'm not allowed too many questions. :\.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I have a few questions so bear with me :(.
So i have a map where the player can produce units and structures. <--duh right?

q1. What i want to happen is set it so that if a unit comes close to a certain type of unit it dies(example) without having to
give it immolation. The problem is that this is going to be a unit that was produced in-game and the event "within range"
function only let's me choose units from the terrain editor(unless i am missing something).

q2. I have made a builder unit that makes a custom building. i gave it build ability and set the techtree for it to be able to
build it but it only begins building it and stops.(construction bar is at 1%), how do i fix this?

q3. Is it possible to make immolation invisible so that there is no green glow?(this question is pointless if there is a soloution
to q1).

Anyway thanks in advance. Sorry if I'm not allowed too many questions. :\.

1. You could use a periodic event to pick all units under the condition that it's in range of a unit of type.

2. Check if your building is 'Mechanical' under Unit Classification and that is targeted as a structure in the unit editor. Not sure what the cause is but I had the problem and simply gave it 'structure' stats whenever I could.

3. In the ability editor, change the 'Level # - Stats - Buffs - Immolation (Caster)" to your own buff that doesn't have the model.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
2. It might have something to do with the Repair ability, or lack thereof. Make sure the building has all the needed settings by comparing it to default building settings.

3. You can also change the Model Art of the Immolation buff if you don't want to create a new buff.

Markhaos

Reaction score
Depending on the unit, a solution would be to preplace the unit in the map, after a second of game time hide the unit, and when the unit need to be created just unhide it. That way you can use your unit within range event.. just one possibility, another would be to create a trigger in jass.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.