Creating a corpse

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Hi there,
I would like to create the corpse of a unit, let's say a footman, but it needs to be instantly. Using the Create Corpse action doesn't show the corpse correctly (they look skeletal, but need to be fleshy).
I've also tried creating a footman, killing him, and freezing his animation right after he dropped to the ground, but It'll still play the death animation, which it mustn't.

It doesn't really matter if it's a real dead corpse or a fake unit which is only playing dead.

Hope someone can help me, thanks in advantage,
~s3r

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
the create corpse action says fleshy corpses will look skeletal in the first 8 seconds

so can you wait 8 secs? or does it need to be instant

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
so can you wait 8 secs? or does it need to be instant

I would like to create the corpse of a unit, let's say a footman, but it needs to be instantly

Well sucks for him then? Best thing I can think of is pre-making the corpses, either 10 seconds before you need them (if you can predict when you will need them), or at map init, if you only need a few. If you need them often or randomly, it's going to be tougher.

Edit: Sorry, forgot you wanted fleshy, not skeletal.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe you could create a dummy (meatwagon) with a full load of corpses, and have it unload one.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I am not sure about this, but wouldn't choseing can't raise does not decay in the unit's stats solve this problim?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
How about...hiding the unit, kill it, then pause it, then unhide it?

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
@darkRae
I believe I tried something with hiding&unhiding, but it didn't work properly. Either way the unit would still need a second to fall to the ground, even when hidden, no? Well, I'll try that again, just to be sure.

@Dameon
That also happens if a unit with the space marine model dies. Unfotunately their corpse only consists of their gun ~.~

@wraithseeker
That would make every corpse stay for eternity. Not the best thing, either.

Thanks for your ideas, pass me more if you know some :thup:

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
You could make/take the model of the corpse from an existing model, then import it into your map and create it under the unit when it dies...

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Or set Animation - Required Animation Names to Decay

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.