Creep acting

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
Creeps dont move like i want

hello, iam making some castle defense map and i got some problems with it
all i made in the map is some enemy sprawned waves and a race that can defend the castle.

my problem is when the creeps start coming in the castle they oftenly get hit by archers and towers first
this will result that the creeps will attack straight for those archers and towers even if they have to pass by other units that are attacking that unit
this happans to some of the units

now it has something to do with the terrain that makes this problem so hard i got a pretty wide lined area where they move in and those towers and archers stand behind some water

anyhow the most importand thing that i want to how could i change this? like they will ignore ranged till last and hit meelee or nearby'st first
is this do able with AI editor?
or do i have to do this with 20 if triggers?

i checked game constants alredy and i never worked with AI editor but that seems for me only importand for meelee maps

oh yeah and the enemy creeps just have a order "Attack move to"

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The AI editor is more for making melee maps with custom races, or for different variations of the default AI (There are two "sample" AI scripts in your WC III folder: Grunt Master and Wyrm Monger).

One thought would be to open up an unprotected defense map and see how the author worked it out, see if it's close to what you have in mind. Two such maps that come to my mind are Azure Tower Defense (Comes with TFT) and Blizzard's version of Skibi's Tower Defense. Should also come with TFT, and if not can be found on their Bonus Maps page.

Hope this can help a little (I'd be darned confused if this happened as well ;) )

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
try changing the priority on the archers/towers to a higher number than the other units, i believe 20 is the lowest priority of attack so they would be attacked least of all

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
try changing the priority on the archers/towers to a higher number than the other units, i believe 20 is the lowest priority of attack so they would be attacked least of all

i think this was my problem thanks alot didn´t knew about this one before +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.