CSS: Change width of Joomla template

Horv

Reaction score
I'm using the NightWaves theme (siteground-j15-70) for my Joomla website. I find the theme simply adorable but it has one flaw for me, it's too tight. I hope someone can take a look at the CSS template file and help me out. I'm a total noob when it comes to CSS. I did some poking around but failed miserably.

http://joomla15.siteground.com/?template=siteground-j15-70

Above is the preview of the template so you can see how it actually looks. I've attached a zipfile containing both the original template file and my own editings wich is a big fail. The background images disapeared and turned out all black.

What I need help with is, change the width of the area where text and such are placed. I understand if no one is willing to do it for me, but I'd need some help in what direction to go.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• template.zip
    8 KB · Views: 198

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a quick look through your experimental CSS and you changed everything that I thought of. I will have another look, but I don't think I will find anything.

Horv

Reaction score
Well, the width did change when I edited it, but the images was replaced by a black ocean.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that's because the images aren't made for repeating. They are just made for a fixed width website.

Horv

Reaction score
Any way the width can be changed and the images moved to new positions?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You would have to supply me with the full template and not just the CSS. Then I will see if it is possible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.