Custom Ability Failure to Work

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
Okay so I made this new custom ability. What the ability is supposed to do is be like barrage except attack land units. However, when I put this new ability on a test unit, it didn't do anything.

I have changed the targets: Enemy, Ground, Hero
I have changed the number of targets: 3
I have changed the cooldown: 5
Mana Cost remains at: 0
The damage is 100
Range is 500

When I put the ability on the test unit and had a hero walk up to the unit, the unit attacked as normal but the ability didn't seem to do anything!

Thanks for any help in advance

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Targets allowed is evil. Evil! It makes little to no sense at times. Anyway, I think this thing is targetting Heroes only. Uncheck Hero and see how that works.

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
The thing is that I walked a hero up to the creature and attacked it. The creature did nothing back. Therefore, this new skill is obviously not affecting heroes.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Oh. I thought you had the ability on the hero and you were walking up to the unit. Nevermind me, then. I don't take time to read things as often as I should.

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
As far as I know, this skill should also work like a multi-shot skill. Passive skill that attacks multiple ground units in range. Other than this skill occurring every 5 seconds, the unit is still attacking.

EDIT: Based the skill off of Barrage

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hmm...change the targets to air, enemy, ground, neutral. thats the best setting for abilities. If you want to make a multi shot skill, there is alrdy a tutorial around here...

Anyways, to act like a multi shot skill u can do this:
Set the missile art to w/e the creep's normal missile skill is
The range to the creep's missile range
The damage to 0
Cooldown = 0
Number of targets = 3

This is only for the multi shot skill tho. If u dont plan on changing the values perhaps you shud change the missile art...and the targets allowed, of cuz.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.