Custom Ability with trigger

world23wc3

Reaction score
Hi, I recently started to build on a new Warcraft 3 TFT map.
It's a vampire type and I wanted this to be a challange so I started to make my own abilities with triggers. I can say that it didn't end up very well. I got so damn angry and frustrated so now I think that it's time to ask you guys for help.

Trigger:
  • Orc Hunt
    • Events
      • Unit - Vampire 0009 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Orc hunt (Custom)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set Vampire 0009 <gen> movement speed to 276.00
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Unit - Set Vampire 0009 <gen> movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))
    • -----LEVEL1-----
      • Unit - Set Vampire 0009 <gen> movement speed to 288.00
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Unit - Set Vampire 0009 <gen> movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))
    • -----LEVEL2-----
      • Unit - Set Vampire 0009 <gen> movement speed to 312.00
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
    • -----LEVEL3-----

Okay,

Unit: "Vampire0009" = That is the vamp, there is only one vamp and the vamp is also the only one that will be able to use the ability.

Ability: "Orc Hunt" = This is the ability, I have created an ability but removed its' effect and projectile art. The ability will have 3 different levels, see actions.

Function: If the ability "Orc Hunt" is used it will increase the movement speed of itself(Vampire0009). At level 1 the speed boost will be 276 during 3 seconds, level 2 288 during 4 seconds and level 3 312 during 6 seconds. The speed will go back to normal again.

I hope that you can find a solution to my problem, please post it here and explain every step. I have been using the editor for a while but I am still not very good at it.

I don't want to make another thread, but is it possible to make trees invincible? You can still gain tree by chopping the tree but it will never die? Please do also post it here with the Subject Question 2: or something like that.

Thanks!

/World23wc3

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Waits are glitchy generally..
Instead of using triggers to increase movement speed, why not just base the "Orc Hunt" off of something like Unholy Frenzy, Berserk, Haste, etc.?
No need for a trigger!

For the tree thing, look at Vampirism maps (At least Ice).
They have trees that last forever.
Maybe just set the HP really high..

dianamod27

Reaction score
About the trees, what I did is I just set the trees' health to 99999 and then made a trigger like this:

Trigger:
  • Tree Health
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (If ((Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Fall Tree Wall) then do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to 100.00%) else do (Do nothing))

world23wc3

Reaction score
Hi, I have looked up Unholy Frenzy and Berserk, I couldn't find any haste at ability or buff/effect. Both Unholy Frenzy and Berserk increases the attack rate, I want to icrease the movement speed. I haven't found any ability that increases the movement speed. Aren't there any abilities like sprint or dash like in World of Warcraft?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
World of Warcraft, yes.
However, this is Warcraft III.

Berserk: "Data - Movement Speed Increase".

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
About the trees, what I did is I just set the trees' health to 99999 and then made a trigger like this:

Trigger:
  • Tree Health
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (If ((Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Fall Tree Wall) then do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to 100.00%) else do (Do nothing))

Question: Do Destructable Groups leak?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> I haven't found any ability that increases the movement speed

Look closer. There are tons.

> Do Destructable Groups leak?

No. But will cause lag if there are too many picks.

rexpim

Reaction score
Check Berserk ability again you can change attack speed, movement speed and damage taken, you want 3 levels so don't forget to change "Stats-Level" to 3 instead of 1, check "Stats-Duration" for the duration of the buff

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.