custom blp icon

SomeGuy333

Reaction score
i can't get it to work, the spot where the icon should be is see thru.

i looked at the tutorial, i know about the 64x64, 16 bits, and i tried the alpha channel thing(photoshop elements says it is just going to select>save selection). im just having no luck.

this is the img file i am trying to convert into the blp icon. fyi, i am using the Wc3 Image Extractor II

Any help would be appreciated.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
SomeGuy333 said:
i can't get it to work, the spot where the icon should be is see thru.

i looked at the tutorial, i know about the 64x64, 16 bits, and i tried the alpha channel thing(photoshop elements says it is just going to select>save selection). im just having no luck.

this is the img file i am trying to convert into the blp icon. fyi, i am using the Wc3 Image Extractor II

Any help would be appreciated.
64x64, 16 bits? where did you learn that?
it must be 32 bits to keep the alpha channel which is neccessary if you want to convert it to blp. and i think it should be 48x48, depending on what kind of icon its supposed to be.

X

XsK_Joe

heh

Ohhh burn flip!

Your saying the .blp files aren't working?
First off your right, they need to be 64x64 and 16 bit, but I think 20 bit works too.

1) Did you put the currect file paths in? "BTN*iconname*.blp"
2) Did you make sure the file is in correct format, meaning it is 64x64 and 16 bit when imported...

Those are the only two things I can think of at the moment. Also, why not use .tga? They always worked for me...

X

XsK_Joe

o_O then that is the format used in .blp's

My appologies flip =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.