Custom deuffs applied via a dummy?

Rllulium

Reaction score
Yeah, so while trudging onward in my quest to actually learn this stuff, I encountered the problem of not being able to do the action in the title. I had planned for a spell that is a aimed projectile that will will stun and damage the first unit it enconters (you know 'em). After having set up a working spell that did all that except the stun I got stuck. I have tried to have the dummy cast altered versions of Storm Bolt to stun, but that did not cut it.

Does anyone have any idea about how to go with this? (Of course you do! :))

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
can you show your trigger(that is supposed to order the dummy to cast the stun) please?
And welcome to The Helper

TheTempest

Reaction score
By the sounds of it, it is essentially a form of Shockwave that stuns the first person it hits.

When a player casts this and an enemy is damaged, stun them using another dummy unit that casts stormbolt. Then remove both units.

I'm pretty sure if you set Shockwave to do 0 damage it will still trigger this. Or you could just set shockwave to do 1 damage.

reyghost

Reaction score
By the sounds of it, it is essentially a form of Shockwave that stuns the first person it hits.

When a player casts this and an enemy is damaged, stun them using another dummy unit that casts stormbolt. Then remove both units.

I'm pretty sure if you set Shockwave to do 0 damage it will still trigger this. Or you could just set shockwave to do 1 damage.

And how do you plan to check wich damaged enemy to stun ?

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
look for a spell pack containing Elune's Arrow, that basically what you need

Rllulium

Reaction score
look for a spell pack containing Elune's Arrow, that basically what you need

Since the idea is for me to learn while the result of the spell itself will not be used, this is not really something I want to do. I suppose I could use it to get some help, but I'd put that of for now.

And for a reason too, it seems. While taking a quick break in writing this post, I solved the issue. Thanks for your input anyway!

I do still wonder though... is there no other way to have a spell apply a debuff/buff not originally belonging to the spell than using Order Unit to XXX Target Unit? Because with this method, it takes almost half a second from impact/damage to having the target actually being stunned.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.