Custom Dispel trouble

tachiKC

Reaction score
I am trying to make a dispel item that only dispels specific buffs. Its the same as regular dispel magic, you target a circular area and it removes all of the buffs inside it.

I dont have WE on this computer but if I remember correctly I tried basing the spell off of Silence with 0 duration.

Unit starts effect of ability
Ability equal to Dispel <--- my custom ability
Remove x buffs from target of ability cast

However it did not work and instead silenced them, and did not even remove the buffs. What other ability would you suggest basing it off of and why isnt it working? Thanks.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Silence can remove buffs? Maybe you should base it of channel and trigger the removing of the wanted buffs.

reyghost

Reaction score
0 duration means infinite in time fields,so change the duration to 0.01.
I think it doesnt work because silence is AOE ability (it is right,i cant remenber 100% ?),and there is no "target unit of ability....", try instead setting unit group with units in range from the point of target point of ability being cast,and then pick units in that unit group and "remove x buffs" from them,also rememnber to set the range to same values you have in your dummy silence.
Think that would work:)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@ Sgqvur:No he means he used silence as a base ability and removed the buffs using triggers but it didn't work.
Channel won't give you an AOE effect.

I agree with reyghost. I don't know if AOE effect spells have targets. Make the unit group in range of target point and do it with all units in that unit group.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.