custom hero ability based from item ability

aredee

Reaction score
i make a hero spell base from item ability, for detail i make an ability named "buster sword" based from "orb of corruption", so it will decrease enemy armor that the hero with the ability attacks. the icon is shown at the "hero ability"(when my hero leveled up and want to learned that skill), but after my hero learned it, the icon won't shown, but the effect still go, even in the object editor>ability>buster sword>art-icon-normal is set to the icon of searing sword. anyone know how to solve it?

and sorry i already post this question, but it doesn't get an answer, and for manofsteel, no, the item is not a custom item

nabbig2

Reaction score
I think it's because it's an item ability. If it's based off of an Item Ability, it won't have an icon. So what you can do is this:

Code:
 Ability learn
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to ABILITY BASED OFF ORB OF CORRUPTION
    Actions
        Unit - Add ABILITY 2 to hero

ABILITY 2 can be based off of bash, but give it a 0 chance to bash. That way it does nothing, but you have an icon for your ability.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Make it a unit ability. It should work just as good.
Item abilities are meant for items, they have effects and don't show.

Haldir

Reaction score
:(

i had the same problem and so tried it with a unit skill instead, but its still the same deal, no icon will show after the skill is learned.. any help would be great

sorry for bringing this to a old thread. couldn't find an answer else where.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Welcome to TH.

Firstly, don't necro an old thread. Start a new one if you can't find an answer to your question.

You probably need to make a custom hero ability. When your hero learns it, you give the ability that is based off of your item ability to the hero.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
um is it still an item ability? that your trying to use for a hero ability? or am i reading something wrong?

change the following to make it a hero ability, set:

Item Ability - False
Hero Ability - True

um if the icon is not showing, then check that the following have the Icon that you want shown:

Icon Normal - Your Icon
Icon Research - Your Icon

thats not the exact field name, but something to that kindof type.

what nabbig2 said, i disagree on. Dont add bash as an ability for a dummy ability as a tooltip. Because if your hero has another bash, they could interact or something, and its making an unnecessary mess. Use Critical Strike or Attribute Bonus and just change the Icon's and ToolTips.

EDIT: oh i ddnt notice the date of the previous posts! 2008 wow:/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.