Custom In-Game Minimap while maintaining Player Icons

bugbear

Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED

I know how to import an in-game minimap image to replace the default one, but how would i go about allowing the icons (like the red squares representing buildings and player locations) to still show up?

When I import my custom black image it does not allow the player to see the location of units on the map anymore.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
on the editor, get the minimap image, and just black out anything you dont want on an image editor, i remember there bieng a command on the editor to do that

bugbear

Reaction score
You're going got have to be more specific on how to retrieve the minimap image, sorry.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
i dont really remember, try pressing Print Screen when on the custom games menu thingy in the game, then just copy paste on your editor program, remember to crop though. I dont remember the command, sorry.

bugbear

Reaction score
I dont believe that would show where players are currently on the minimap. That would basically yield the same results as what I'm doing now.

bugbear

Reaction score
I'd like to request you do a step by step process of what you're trying to explain for me to do exactly, since I'm not connecting the pieces together well apparently.

Well I changed the minimap and now it crashes the game after its done loading. Any idea why? i've attached the blp and the jpg I converted it from. It shows up as a black minimap in the loading screen, but it crashes after loading.

They are 128x128 converted with WC3 Viewer.

Edit: Fixed it by simply changing it to 256x256

Attachments

• minimapblack.blp
    4.3 KB · Views: 163
  • minimapblack.jpg
    minimapblack.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 245
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.