Custom Lightning Effects?

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
do they make such a thing? in DotA the Warlock has an ability called Fatal Bonds it makes a purple lightning effect connect to all the units effected by it. I am making a spell where i want to show a lightning effect connecting from the caster to the target for the full duration of the spell. i know how to do this, just create a lightning effect and use a timer that changes the position and target of the effect every 0.05 seconds or so but the problem im having is the lightning effects in the game are pretty shakey they look like lightning (hence lightning effect) but i want one thats more of a straight line like the ones used in dota i know dota doesnt use any of the ones in this list because none of them are purple. im not looking for dota's effect i want a straight red line connecting the caster to the target.

Reaction score
Could this
Code:
Lightning - Change color of (Last created lightning effect) to (1.00 1.00 1.00) with 1.00 alpha
help with the lightning effects color? And the base lightning effect would be maybe drain life or so.

Custom Lightning Effects - by CryoniC could help some too.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
You can change the color of the Lightning Effect.

EDIT:
Ah, late because I had to test a map :p

eXirrah

Reaction score
How can I change the Lightning Attack color using the Object Editor. Is it really necessary to use triggers?

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You should have posted your question in a new post. And I think you will have to use triggers.

eXirrah

Reaction score
So I edit the LightningData.slk and set the Finger of Death RGB to 0,0,0 and I want the Lightning to be black, but seems like the lightning is transparent or something like. It works with Green Lightning. So how to make it black using the default lightning files.

keychup

Reaction score
you can't make it black. but you can make it gray. extract the lightning texture, recolor it to grey then import it. overwrite the original texture using this texture by using the original texture's path. the reason why you cant make black lightning effects is because if you extract the texture you'll see that the sections where the lightning is not present is in black color. the black is reserved to make a difference between the pigments and open space.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.