Custom Loading Screen vs Press Any Key

Baltazhar

Reaction score
[PROBLEM IS RESOLVED]

Hello folks

First of all, I want to say that I have checked thoroughly and multiple times on both this forum, and on Google, for the answer to my question. I have not found it.
There are a few topics that revolve around this matter, but none are conclusive.

The question is in all it's simpleness: How do you make a custom loading screen, without getting "Press Any Key To Continue..."?

I have sliced up my HQ Loading screen, yada yada, no biggie there.

Attempt 1: Replacing my custom screen with the Default for the NightElves (as all my players are NE). Then ofcourse setting the loading screen to "Use Default Screen" in the editor.
Result 1: The loading screen gets displayed, and the "Press Any Key" isn't there either, so that's great! However, when playing multiplayer with a default screen, it also displays a minimap image along with loading bars for all players in the map. That screws up everything as it doesn't fit into my screen.

Attempt 2: As my second attempt, I thought "Hey! If I don't want the minimap and the additional player-loading bars, I'll just replace the Credits loading screen. (The only with a battle going on, Blizzard used it as Credit screen). I changed the loading screen in the editor to "Use Campaign Screen: Credits", clicked save and gave it another go.
Result 2: Loading screen came up, minimap and additional loading bars was no where to be seen either. But then, the horrible Dr. PressAnyKey showed his ugly face :(
So, this didn't work either.

I have not used any LoadingScreen.mdx (which you usually download), I just made use of Blizzards builtin, by replacing original content.
But it makes me wonder, do I need a custom .mdx? I have an idea about the .mdx files somehow chooses what to display in the loading screen. Now if I get/make my own custom .mdx that loads the screen, but not the minimap or additional bars, and use that to overwrite Blizzards .mdx, I think that would work!
I am referring to Attempt 1 here, as I believe that was closer to the goal, and possibly the only way.

If any of you have knowledge about LoadingScreen.mdx files, a intuitive program to modify these (perhaps even some hints), that would be great.
If you have any info regarding custom loading screens without Press Any Key, that would be awesome too.

Any helpful feedback on topic, is very welcome.

Now for the promises, to get people trying to help in here:
I will reward Rep for useful comments that leads to solving the matter, and I promise to make a tutorial that explains in detail how to do this yourself!

- Baltazhar

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
It can be that you have text in your loading screen. Own text that is. Or that you play single player, which gives that by default, I believe.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Rainther, you have some good points there.
I don't think it's the text - There is text on the image used for the loadingscreen, but none of the custom. That would indeed provoke a Press Any Key.
The singleplayer thing, is a really good point. I just press Ctrl-F9 to test the map. I better try doing it LAN mode, for testing purposes.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to see if they could be the problem.
I would still like to get more feedback, should anyone have any useful or perhaps-useful information.

Thanks in advance,
- Balt

EDIT:
Just tested Attempt 1, in a LAN game. Same result as before.
The Press Any Key does NOT appear - Succes!
Custom Loading Screen appears - Succes!
Minimap and player loading bars appear - Failure!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.