Dagon remake

keviebear

Reaction score
i want to make an item like dagon,or euls,or,force staff,or any item u can target(dota items) since in my custom map i cant even make a simple item that will damage an enemie it targets (cant find any item to make it from) (i am not talking about dota im just using the items from it as an example)

johnnymra

Reaction score
I can explain a bit on how to make a item like dagon. First of all create an costum ability (based on finger of death or something you'd like) with the wanted damage, range etc. Then make the ability usable in items (Stats - Item Ability >has to be true).
After this just create an usable item (for example based on Staff of teleportation) and replace the default ability with the one created by you.
This should be all :) the icons and texts... etc i hope you know how to do

Edit: other items of the same kind are made in the same way but using different base abilities or items

keviebear

Reaction score
I can explain a bit on how to make a item like dagon. First of all create an costum ability (based on finger of death or something you'd like) with the wanted damage, range etc. Then make the ability usable in items (Stats - Item Ability >has to be true).
After this just create an usable item (for example based on Staff of teleportation) and replace the default ability with the one created by you.
This should be all :) the icons and texts... etc i hope you know how to do

Edit: other items of the same kind are made in the same way but using different base abilities or items

so any click-able will or does it need to have that crosshair thing used to target stuff? and thanks

edit: i tried making am item with the finger of death skill out of the dager of escape thingy and it didnt even give me the cross hair for targeting units

johnnymra

Reaction score
well it depends... the base item dagger of escape is very fine but make sure it has the ability you created and also look at the ability "Targets" to be set for ground,air,enemies,vulnerable or how you want it

About the crosshair i'm not sure but i think it not necessary to appear in order to use the ability... maybe some items just don't have it

Edit: you should better test the item by giving it to a hero and have another enemy unit... see if the spell works and if not look at any kind of errors it gives you (example: if it says you can't select units it means the ability is wrong made)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
It depends on the ability you give the item. For example, if you use an ability based off Berserk, the item will still be actively used, but there won't be a target for it. Apparently toggled skills like Mana Shield and Immolation don't work, so you'll need two separate items to make their effects.

johnnymra

Reaction score
Yes you are right. It depends on the item but basically we can say you need an base item that has an ability with similar efects like the ability you will create (Example: item with passive for passive spell, active selftarget item for selftarget spell, etc)

keviebear

Reaction score
(how bout a skill targeted on enemies)

and if youd have time can i send you the map im making so you can review it and check for bugs n such johnymra

johnnymra

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure when i have time but yes you can send me a copy ;) and if i find anything i'll point out (probably fix it if i can) and send you back the copy with some comments in it.

afisakov

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yes you are right. It depends on the item but basically we can say you need an base item that has an ability with similar efects like the ability you will create (Example: item with passive for passive spell, active selftarget item for selftarget spell, etc)
Not really sure this is necessary, just make sure "stats - actively used" is set to true and make the cooldown group match the type of spell you are using. In my experience each item can only have 1 active ability so get rid of whatever active was already on the item and I recommend making ur ability the first one on the list so the item will display the cooldown visually.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Ensure that the ability is actually attached to the item.
Also ensure that the activatable ability is in the very first position in the list of the abilities.
Make sure the Active section is set to true.

If everything is allocated right, then there should not be a problem..

----

If there is still a problem, post a demo map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.