Damage Area

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
For some reason I've been unable to get 'Unit - Damage - Damage Area' to do anything. The maps compiles and plays fine but for some reason the units just don't get damaged. Any suggestions?

D

Dipski

you probably need to set damage type to "missle - splash" or "artillery" in the object editor under "Combat - Attack x - Weapon Type"

Templarion

Reaction score
1) Have you checked that your type of an attack can cause damage to a type of an armor you are hitting?

2) Is "radius" large enough?

3) Where is this damage applied? (At the center of map or at the target point where is ability beign cast?)

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
This is my test trigger I made when I realised none of my others were working:
Code:
Init
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
        Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
        Unit - Make Master Psychic 0016 <gen> to damage area in 0.00 seconds of size 10000.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)) for 200.00 using attack type Spells and damage type Normal.
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Brzzaaap!
I know the trigger runs because I get visiblity and Brzaap. I also know it's not map initilization because I have another trigger that runs after 3 seconds.
For my other ones I just replace the things with variables. I know the variables work(using Display Text) so?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.