Snippet Damage Counter

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Could you plz stop advertising your stuff in my thread.
Your Damage Does other stuff this snippet does.
BTW i though i was on your ignore list but why dont you ignore me?

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Could you plz stop advertising your stuff in my thread.
Why should he? It's pretty clear that Damage is far better than this. Infact, counting the damage a unit has taken is very simple to do by yourself, there's no need to import this system as long as you have a damage detection system.

Your Damage Does other stuff this snippet does.
It does far more, and far more useful stuff than this snippet does...

Gtam

Reaction score
If you dont have anything useful to say about this then go post it in the general discusion and moan there ok. Hence the [snippet] and [system] are separating the things and this is a [snippet] so it does short things not huge stuff like [system].

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
Who's the mod? I think it's J4L.

I can't beleive this code works anyways, if you use AIDS, you should add to the library name requires AIDS...

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
If you dont have anything useful to say about this then go post it in the general discusion and moan there ok. Hence the [snippet] and [system] are separating the things and this is a [snippet] so it does short things not huge stuff like [system].
J4L is just making a (very valid) suggestion which would make this script better as a whole (since Damage would handle everything neatly and efficiently).

Who's the mod? I think it's J4L.

I can't beleive this code works anyways, if you use AIDS, you should add to the library name requires AIDS...
That's alphabetical library sorting for you :rolleyes: Although it's not necessary in this case, it should be added

Gtam

Reaction score
Ok ill add it since everyone wants it added and J4L as saying to use his Damage and not this not use Damage to Create This. Im very busy with all my school projects so the next update will take a week or 2 until my vacation

Gtam

Reaction score
hey ok the updates added and now it adds the spell target too.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
hey ok the updates added and now it adds the spell target too.
What if the unit is only ever struck by the aoe of spells and attacks, or by some other arbitrary damage dealer? This system still won't work for that.

Gtam

Reaction score
ya i actualy noticed that and what i though was to create a unit group at the targeted point and add them. Not sure if there is another way

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
ya i actualy noticed that and what i though was to create a unit group at the targeted point and add them. Not sure if there is another way
And what if a targetted point is never registered because it's a random trigger-inflicted damage instance. And what if...etc.

Look, you're thinking about this the wrong way entirely. You want to register any applicable units on the spot as they exist. This is how every good damage detection system ever do it. This site's main damage detection system does it. Rising_Dusk's IDDS does it. Anitarf's system does it.

The problem with your registration system is that your reinvented wheel is square. I recommend simply not reinventing it.

Gtam

Reaction score
well this isnt meant to be a damage detection system. Its meant to detect how much damage is taken not when but i guess you mean i should use a damage detection system. If so what should i use then

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
No, I mean that right now, you've built a damage detection system into your system, and it isn't a very good one.
And that you should use one that someone else who knew how already did.

What system you use depends on what you're doing and the site you're posting on. On TH, Damage is kind of the standard DDS. If it were wc3c, you would want either ADamage or IDDS.

Gtam

Reaction score
it will only be here so the damage is for Jesus4Lyf right if so i already have it downloaded. I download most system that i think can be handy.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
It leaks like a sieve.

Damage detection is easy. You say "requires Damage", register a trigger using "Damage_RegisterEvent(MyTrigger)", tack a function onto the trigger that increments the damage count attached with AIDS and you're done.

Currently, you've implemented damage detection which breaks and leaks. Aside from that it is completely unnecessary. You've been told two ways to fix it (Damage is one and the other was making the trigger when you start recording damage) but you still haven't.

Graveyarded. It has been a week without fixing what is broken, and it doesn't appear that you know what's going on. If you fix it and people conclude that it is a useful resource, it will be ungraveyarded.

Gtam

Reaction score
Ok the update is here and it doesnt use a damage detection system since the way its done now its not needed. Can this please be moderated again

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
There's no reason to create a new trigger each time anyway if you're not destroying triggers dynamically. This is terribad.

And it's why DDS's exist.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.