Danish Scientist say that Blue-eyed are related

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
If you've got blue eyes, shake the hand of the nearest person who shares your azure irises: He or she may be a distant cousin.

Danish researchers have concluded that all blue-eyed people share a common ancestor, presumably someone who lived 6,000 to 10,000 years ago.

"Originally, we all had brown eyes," Professor Hans Eiberg of the University of Copenhagen said in a press release. "But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch,' which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes."

and that created new Eye colors

Eiberg and his team analyzed 155 individuals in a large Danish family, plus several blue-eyed people born in Turkey and Jordan.

All blue-eyed subjects had the mutation, and there was very little variation on the genes neighboring it on the chromosome, indicating that the mutation first arose relatively recently.

So is anyone else related with me and brad pitt :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Everyone in my family ('cept my Dad) have blue eyes.

It doesn't matter if you believe in Creationism; we are all distantly related. The Ice Age brought the Human population to a low of a few thousand, so there's a good chance you're related to someone you know :)

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
All brown-eyes are related too, cause there must have been a first form of life :p

We don't need a research to say that.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
don't know if all are related i don't think so...

i believe in big bang and i created one big island, all animals and humans went each way, where they wanted to live.

suddenly that big island cracked and started moving appart from each other to the world we know today.

eventually Bears, foxxes, rabbits etc that were trapped on the northern and southern poles started to evolve to fit for the climate.

thats why there is normal bears and polar bears :D

that properly happened to humans too they were splitted up and starting evolving into Chinesse, scandinavian, Niggas (i don't know a nice word for it)

Oh my god ... :eek:

Konerboy: No. *I* am your distant cousin.
enouwee: No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!
Konerboy: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!
enouwee: [anguished] No! No!

Star wars FTW!

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
wow what a suprise, blue eyes is heridatry. so it would make sense that there was a mutation and the trait got passed on. danish scientests just figured this out? wow

Zakyath

Reaction score
Hm, haven't you known this for a long, long time? Even I could guess this after some genetics lessons...

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
the first form of life involes many cells, so therefore we could not be all related ;)

Actually not entirely true. Many scientists believe that there was one organism that started it all. Basic amino acid sequences created in early earth joined together to create the first proteins. These proteins along with nucleotides would create the first organism, although i wasnt there so I cant say your wrong.

Someone asked about green eyes? There is not one gene for green eyes and blue eyes and brown eyes. It is really just different color tones, so a brown eyed person is just producing darker tones in their eyes. Green is actually just a shade of blue so technically if you have green eyes you have a shade of blue.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
There is not one gene for green eyes and blue eyes and brown eyes

If I remember correctly, it's the gene for melanin production (or lack of it) that causes brown or blue eyes. So that would mean that there is a gene for eye colour :D

In the end, we all have to be somewhat related (probably millionth cousins or something :p)

EDIT: Ye, found it :D
My biology book said:
It may be pigmented with melanin (i.e. giving the person dark coloured eyes). Blue eyed people have no melanin in the iris.

Wikipedia said:
Two major genes and multiple minor genes account for the tremendous variation of human eye color.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Blue eyes (which i have) is a sub-evolution/mutations, Same with blond hair. Although, for some reason it majority of it only happens from people that have origins that are from Scandinavia (Norwegian, Swedish, Maybe Finnish, Dutch, and Icelandic).

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
14 years later this is the source on that article

lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.