Dawn Of War 3 questions

San-D

Reaction score
Im making a map that resembles the gameplay style of Warhammer 40,000 - Dawn Of War. My first question requres knowedge of the game itself, 'cuz I may explain it messy.

1. After Ive riasen the banner on the strategic point, how can I make the Listening Post Buildable only on the Strategic Point

(Banner is a Dummy unit that does nothing, just looks like a Flag Post; Strategic Point is a Circle of Power; Listening post is a building)

So is there a way to specify where the Lis.Post can be placed, or is there any classifications on the buildings like addons(like in SC)

2. My command to take over a SP is the trigger

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Circle of Power (medium)
        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(right-click))
    Actions
        Wait until ((Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of issued order))) Less than or equal to 50.00), checking every 0.10 seconds
        Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)

How to unpause them if the unit has been ordered to move while capturing the SP

3. Does anyone know the Response to a init is usued aan order targeting a point, for the ordered unit?

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
1. you could make the strategic point nuetral passive, and then once the flag has been risen you change its ownership to the player who claimed it. Then give the strategic point (circle of power) a building upgrade in the unit editor so that it can be upgraded to a listening post. When another team destroys the listening post, remove it and replace it with a nuetral owned strategic point and the process will be able to start again.

2. Add them to a unit group made for strategic points something like pause_group[playernumber]. Then add an action so the player auto deselects them.

Then make a trigger with the event that if the player reselects the troops, with the conditions that they are in pause_group[player number of triggering player] and within range of the control point, then they are unpaused and removed from the pause_group

(^ this is just a concept idea for how it could work, you may need to evolve it further)

3. I don't know what you mean by this, but the order it gives me when I target a point (i made a trigger so the game text tells me the last given order for a unit) for 'move' is 'smart' and for 'attack point' is 'attack'.

D

dunpealx4

I would use gold mine as the strategic point, just change the model to whatever you want. and for the post, build the undead gold mine there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.