Deal more dmg when hit a unit 3 times

zero9x

Reaction score
When i play LoL, i found an ability that will "The third consecutive attack the same target deals 4/5/6/7% of the target's maximum Health.

Here's the trigger:
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Mercury Arrow for GDD_DamageSource) Greater than (>) 0
    • Actions
      • Set MercuryArrow_Integer[0] = (Custom value of GDD_DamagedUnit)
      • Set MercuryArrow_Integer[MercuryArrow_Integer[0]] = (MercuryArrow_Integer[MercuryArrow_Integer[0]] + 1)
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • MercuryArrow_Integer[MercuryArrow_Integer[0]] Equal to (==) 3
          • Then - Actions
            • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
              • If - Conditions
                • (GDD_DamagedUnit is A structure) Equal to (==) True
              • Then - Actions
                • Do nothing
              • Else - Actions
                • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing ((0.04 + (0.01 x (Real((Level of Mercury Arrow for GDD_DamageSource))))) x (Max life of GDD_DamagedUnit)) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
                • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of GDD_DamagedUnit using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathandDecay\DeathandDecayTarget.mdl
                • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                • Set MercuryArrow_Integer[MercuryArrow_Integer[0]] = 0
          • Else - Actions

with Weep's GDD system.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could use unit arrays for this - save the last 3 targets of the unit's attacks, check to see if all three are the same unit, and if so deal bonus damage. If you're looking for a good way to detect attack damage:

1). Weep's GDD is what you want for basic damage detection.

2). Add buff-applying orb effects to your units, then check for the buff in your Takes Damage events. You can use this to trigger normal orb effects, and add a few more besides.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Xin Xhao from LoL.

I'm assuming you don't mean his passive/innate, and rather his activatable? (I'm asking if its every 3 attacks, or just after activating the 3rd attack)

Like mentioned above its probably a good idea to try use some sort of detection system.

zero9x

Reaction score
@Kaerf: can u make the expamle trigger (With GDD system) plz ? I still dunno how to make it, i think it need 2 triggers, +1 when takes dmg and deal dmg when it got 3 arrays...

@Inflicted: Vayne, not Xin Zhao ;)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Oh! Xin has two abilities that work off third hits. Anyways, Vayne's is probably easier.

It leaves a debuff on the attacked enemy. When the attacked unit is attacked again if the buff for the first attack is detected, then a second buff is placed. If that buff is detected on the third attack, the second buff is removed and the bonus damage is dealt.

You will definately need a damage detection system for that.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
zero9x i think its time you learned jass, it will make your maps a lot more efficient, but this is what I would do:

Trigger:
  • Mercury Bolt
    • Events
      • GDD_Event becomes equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • Actions
      • If, Then, Else
        • If (Conditions)
          • Level of (debuff) for GDD_Damaged_Unit is less than 3
        • Then (Actions)
          • Unit - Set Level of (debuff) for GDD_Damaged_Unit to (Level of (debuff) for GDD_Damaged_Unit + 1)
        • Else (Actions)
          • Trigger - Turn off this trigger
          • Unit - Cause Triggering Unit to damage (GDD_Damaged_Unit) for (Health of (GDD_Damaged_Unit) / 20(or whatever % you want to damage them for)) using damage type pure
          • Trigger - Turn on this trigger

Just a quick example written while at work...
If you are actually recreating vayne, then this will work perfectly, because her casts are supposed to apply stacks of mercury bolt as well :)

nLike

Reaction score
Hmm, "Level of debuff" for damaged unit? How can you check level of debuffs and where do you add them?

You can't check the level of buffs you can just check which unit has which buff but not the levels as buffs actually don't have levels.

Btw why do you need a damage system for this anyway?

You can simply save the target increase the integer. Once it hits 4 it will damage target. UNless you need the damage system for something else.

The ability focuses on the dealing damage if oyu "consuectively hit the same target". You aren't checking for the same target in your trigger (1st post).

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I think you need to use a separate buff for each stack, as there isn't an integer function for buff levels.

But I think there's a way to detect the level of a buff through the Level of Ability function in JASS, by replacing the ability ID with the ID of the buff.

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
I think you need to use a separate buff for each stack, as there isn't an integer function for buff levels.

But I think there's a way to detect the level of a buff through the Level of Ability function in JASS, by replacing the ability ID with the ID of the buff.

I thought so too, but I just tested it. Doesn't work.

You would have to make a new buff for each attack count, or keep track yourself in a variable.

zero9x

Reaction score
hmmm, i post the trigger on the top, hope i can help some one ;) (its my brother's trigger)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.