RPG Defiance's Open RPG -Sword of Truth-

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
The heroes don't really seem creative, just like in your DORPG

This is a matter of opinion... But I will add SOT will have around 30+ Heroes, if you think they are creative or not each hero in-game atm has at least 2-3 unique abilities.

Arcane Blademaster has his own special wind walk where he can inflict extra damage with each attack as long as the power of the wind is at his side, and in order to maintain that power the blademaster must keep moving.

Shadow Hunter has a combo ability with his fully AI controlled pet, when you Shadow Mark than Shadow Blast a target your Shadow Form will assist by casting Shadow Vortex an ability you cannot make the Shadow Form cast regularly.

Archon is able to heal using "Reactives" you place a buff on a target and they have are able to trigger a spell to be cast on them every time they are attacked for a total of x amount attacks.

This is just 3 of many examples of what I think should be considered creative in SOT... But once again, this is a matter of opinion.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
This is a matter of opinion... But I will add SOT will have around 30+ Heroes, if you think they are creative or not each hero in-game atm has at least 2-3 unique abilities.

Arcane Blademaster has his own special wind walk where he can inflict extra damage with each attack as long as the power of the wind is at his side, and in order to maintain that power the blademaster must keep moving.

Shadow Hunter has a combo ability with his fully AI controlled pet, when you Shadow Mark than Shadow Blast a target your Shadow Form will assist by casting Shadow Vortex an ability you cannot make the Shadow Form cast regularly.

Archon is able to heal using "Reactives" you place a buff on a target and they have are able to trigger a spell to be cast on them every time they are attacked for a total of x amount attacks.

This is just 3 of many examples of what I think should be considered creative in SOT... But once again, this is a matter of opinion.

I always loved your ORPG because of the creativity put into it, but, sorry. You're not really the best terrainer out there dude ;P

Its pretty good though, I used the Chaos Blademaster or whatever he is called and he is pretty fun. But yeah, terrain could use some work. If you want any help with that you can contact me.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
30+ Heroes
>> Always better to have 5 really good, well thought out heroes

Shadow Hunter has a combo ability with his fully AI controlled pet
>> Indeed you have great systems, however naming everything "shadowy" for the hero
>> So far the spells for this hero are mainly int for an agi hero, maybe this will change. Wouldn't it be better for if the hero is agi and is the demon hunter model, to have many things such as backstab, killing spree, etc?

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I like the other versions, hope this one is good aswell!

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
>> Always better to have 5 really good, well thought out heroes

>> Indeed you have great systems, however naming everything "shadowy" for the hero
>> So far the spells for this hero are mainly int for an agi hero, maybe this will change. Wouldn't it be better for if the hero is agi and is the demon hunter model, to have many things such as backstab, killing spree, etc?

Your thinking seems to be very biased to the already on going flow of things...

"Always better to have 5 really good heroes", and that a demon hunter should have backstab, and killing spree? (Sorry but I can balance more than 5 Heroes so why limit myself to such a retardly low amount?)

My reason is simple... I don't want this map to be like others~

--------------

Anyhow v005 will have 2 more Classes, you may find the more melee type Class you want with the Corsair.... MagnaGuard.

Mystic Crusader will also be making a show, and the entire forest troll area is getting re-terrain'd, i'm sure most everyone will feel this terrain to be a lot more open and welcoming.

The Swamp will have 4-5 more mini-bosses added, Starfury and Kelios will be having their item lists filled.

and a few other bugs will be squashed~

This release will be done within a day~

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
WAY to many doodads is needed in certain areas, scaling the doodads bigger and placing less is one method but it looks messy. Terrain is supposed to fit a realistic fantasy theme, when you look around your room just count how many details your eyes can see, why not give them plenty to look at in game too?
This is not the point. You can do realistic, great looking terrain without 300 shrubs on 5 tiles. Btw, that's also a point ... theres nothing more powerful when it comes to terraining than height adjusments and the right selection of tiles on the right place.

And my criticism wasn't about the lacking content, it was the overall atmosphere, style and charme of the old rpg that I was missing here.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
This is not the point. You can do realistic, great looking terrain without 300 shrubs on 5 tiles. Btw, that's also a point ... theres nothing more powerful when it comes to terraining than height adjusments and the right selection of tiles on the right place.

And my criticism wasn't about the lacking content, it was the overall atmosphere, style and charme of the old rpg that I was missing here.

I re-terrain'd the opening area you'll be able to see this in 005 i'm sure its more of what your looking for...

The style and "charme" will be hard to notice in such early stages, i'm sure you would have said the same when the original was in its initial phases :)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
It's good that you're making maps again, your work has always been famous on Warcraft 3. The one thing I hate is when good map makers stop productions over silly things.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
V005 Done

v005 is finished, Corsair, Ninja, Mystic Crusader, Demonic Seer have been added, and many other things.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I'll check the map out when I get the chance.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Tested it.

> Terrain is very fun to use and move around with :)
> Mercenary system is indeed good
> Quest system works well
> Big enough area for multiple players, no crammed space so far
Dislikes
> The color merges, like changing green to blue over the word
> Single player isn't really fun (But it's an ORPG so...)
> Spamming "System . . . " , etc

Renendaru

Reaction score
I noticed some quirks about the AI for the mercenaries.

Pros: Follow you, and use spells efficiently.

Cons: Move at a constant offset from where you click, stop attacking what monster they are and attack the monster you do, and keep moving irregardless of hero position.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
awsome

i realy enjoyed your first one and i am hopeing for better things in this :D i hope to see more updates

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
006 is Complete, here are the notes! Enjoy~

Version 006 Updates *COMPLETE*
----------------~NEW DUNGEON: GNOLL TOWER~----------------
~Offers 10 new bosses to face, one of the spawned bosses in the dungeon is a trigger which can spawn up to 4 different bosses depending on how you solve the dungeons puzzles. Each of these bosses have different rare loot so you will want to learn how to spawn a different one.
~Last Boss fight is heavily scripted and a fun fight
~Dungeon difficulty is not that easy, be prepared for a tough time, you will need to have levels and be well equip.
~The Dungeon has a method on how it is progressed through, you will not be able to take each teleporter without having to do something first.
~You must figure out ways to spawn certain bosses or you may not be able to kill the last boss, or just miss out on loot!
--------------------------------------------------------
-You will no longer start with all of your abilities. instead you start with 2 skill points
-Loot Tables for the new Kokoro Swamp Bosses will be added
-Phear's Forest will have more creatures and be more lively
-Two New Dungeons will be added
-Demonic Seer is gonna feel the nerf bat, and with that will be fixed as well
-A Few Quests will be getting Item Rewards
-NPC's will only talk when you get Quests
-Hero Vault Room has been added to Gerij
-Kelio's Item list will be filled
-Nightrunner will have new scrolls
-Spell: "Mystic Mark" is a bit more powerful
-Bosses owned by Player Dark Green will be able to level up off of you dieing! Their level will stay throughout the entire game
-Fixed a nasty error with the Quest Symbol SFX
-The Level up DING sound will only be played at 10,20,30,40,50,60
-Huge Map Optimization was done, trying to make run as little triggers as possible
-New Donator Mercenary "Monk" will be added, created by DORPG forum member "Komidasu"
-Item: Scroll of Sleep II will be added
-Item: Scroll of Water Elemental II will be added
-Item: Scroll of Hail Storm II will be added
-Item: Scroll of Arcane Blast II will be added
-Item: Scroll of Fireshock II will be added
-Item: Scroll of Lightning Blast II will be added
-Item: Scroll of Heal II will be added
-Item: Master Scroll of Heal I will be added
-Item: Master Scroll of Arcane Blast I will be added
-Item: Master Scroll of Teleport will be added
-Item: Scroll of Healing Wave I will be added
-Item: Scroll of Starfall will be added
-Item: Scroll of Chain Lightning will be added
-Item: Master Scroll of Healing Wave I will be added
-Item: Ring of the Killer will be added
-Item: Staff of the Forgotten will be added
-Item: Death Dealer's Longsword will be added
-Item: Spirtualist Tribal Hat will be added
-Item: Shaman Gloves
-Item: Ruffian Axe
-Item: Boots of the Poacher
-Item: Ghostly Helm
-Item: Ring of Lesser Defense
-Item: Helmet of Lesser Defense
-Item: Fine Longsword
-Item: Shortsword of Lesser Feedback

V007 will be focused on adding unique items per boss in the Gnoll Tower and finishing the other 2 dungeons while adding items for each of those as well, v007 will offer over 60+ more items to find, including Dungeon Point items... Which means... Yes you will receive DP once again for completing dungeons~

Renendaru

Reaction score
Oh Defiance I noticed something. If you unequip an item in the loot room it counts as picking an item up. I saw this and it kind of annoyed me.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Oh Defiance I noticed something. If you unequip an item in the loot room it counts as picking an item up. I saw this and it kind of annoyed me.

It warns you when entering the loot room not to do this :p, but I will add more failsafe features in the future, right now some things may seem a little rough.

QueloR

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of your first map, could stay up from dusk to dawn to play that with friends ;)

When it comes to your new one, I was surprised. If I remember right, you had another project, under a similar title, that was a huge disappointment. But this... Oh yes! This is good shit mate :)

The new item system is great, the dungeons are exiting and fun. And please! Make as much heroes as you can, I love when there are lots of heroes to choose from. Not just 5 as someone before me stated.

Either way, keep this up ;)

Renendaru

Reaction score
I found a weird bug with Crusader's charge. If it's used past someone it can one-shot them. I once accidentally one-shot a boss in the gnoll tower dungeon.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of your first map, could stay up from dusk to dawn to play that with friends ;)

When it comes to your new one, I was surprised. If I remember right, you had another project, under a similar title, that was a huge disappointment. But this... Oh yes! This is good shit mate :)

The new item system is great, the dungeons are exiting and fun. And please! Make as much heroes as you can, I love when there are lots of heroes to choose from. Not just 5 as someone before me stated.

Either way, keep this up ;)

I plan to have at least 24-32 heroes when i'm done... It all depends, I may have but only 24 starting heroes, once you hit level 30 i was debating if I should allow classes to hit a second phase where their sprint spell turns into a spell book and I add 4 more spells to the class, then maybe at 60 another 4 spells so each class has 12 spells each at end game... we'll see~

Still the main focus is adding content which v007 will be doing~

I found a weird bug with Crusader's charge. If it's used past someone it can one-shot them. I once accidentally one-shot a boss in the gnoll tower dungeon.

Bug? Sounds kinda fun, but I think know the reason of this boss dieing which i'm going to fix in a second~

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
hmm after all this time, i thought defience was dead? you kind of left the original ORPG at .16D, which got hacked. many times

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.