Description fields in Object Editor

elpini0

Reaction score
Hi, i'm looking for a guide or something that explains in detail all the possibilities por the Description field in the object editor.

I mean a guide that talks about the <A001,DataA1> thing (handles they call them?)

Because i'm looking for a way to make an item with 15 updates. That means, using only 1 single item, make triggers so that when a player upgrades the item, this will give more stats with each level.

Grobak

Reaction score
About the description if i understood what u meant just simply write that for every update it gives +1 str for example, and about the triggers, the items have abilities, giving them properties. I mean the ring or armor has the ability of +1 armor, and if u change that ability to +2 armor then it will give +2. Just make 15 different item abilities (+1,+2,+3....+15) and make a trigger that changes the items ability by removing the previous and adding the next one.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Those codes, actually do have a form of reference.
The first section is the abilities "name", and the second part is the Data Field.

Eg. Aerial Shackles (The very first ability in the OE)
It's tooltip states the following:
"Magically binds a target enemy air unit, so that it cannot move or attack and takes <Amls,DataA1> damage per second. |nLasts <Amls,Dur1> seconds."

Note that 'Amls' is the "name" for Aerial Shackles.
The fields 'DataA1' and 'Dur1' are basically just the fields of that ability.

To view the field names, simply press Control + D.

So for example you wanted the tooltip to say the Mana Cost aswel, you could just add "Mana Cost: <Amls,Cost1>" in the tooltip.

Note that in 'Dur1' the 1 refers to the level of the ability, and in the case of there being multiple levels, you could use 'Dur2' or 'Dur3'. This makes life easier as you are able to use the AutoFill function instead of typing out each tooltip.

Personally I have found this works better on default spells/abilities.
It does work with most custom/copied spells but at times the code does become slighly confusing or bugged.

Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything you don't understand.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
its actually rather simple:
<Unit Type/Item/Ability ID,Raw Data of the field>
ie:
<hfoo,anam> = <footman,name> = Footman

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.