Detect - Attack Type

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have set up a system to totally replace Critical Strike. But i have a problem now. Because it "Detects" Damage, not the type.

I need it only to fire when a unit takes damage from a unit with a Hero Attack. Any ways i can get around with this or solve this problem? Thanks :)

Reaction score
I have set up a system to totally replace Critical Strike. But i have a problem now. Because it "Detects" Damage, not the type.

I need it only to fire when a unit takes damage from a unit with a Hero Attack. Any ways i can get around with this or solve this problem? Thanks :)

You could check if the damage source is a hero? Thats all I can think of.

Any working damage type detection system would be very fiddly and such, so you're better off with this method.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Give the units with the Hero type an orb effect that does nothing, show no effect and has no buff. You can then check if the unit attacked has the buff of the orb effect, if it does, then it was attacked by the Hero type unit.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Easiest way would be to create list of unit types having hero attack type.
One integer variable array for unit types. Where another integer array would corespondent to that unit type attack type. Then use simple loop to get unit attack type.
It' s good, 100 % true and you don' t have to sacrifice that Orb effect.

Somatic

Reaction score
the problem is, Even Spell effect works. Stuff like DOT, as long as the damage source is the hero it triggers. And i cant possible make all of my spells Dummy base...

Somatic

Reaction score
ok thats shit... any methods to get around with this instead?
BTW thanks for solving my initial problem. =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.