Detecting Disconnection

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Is it possible using 'Player - Leaves the game' ?
Because as far as I know it detects when a player leaves the game, but I don't know if it fires when a player is experiencing Disconnection.

And, because I simply cannot simulate a disconnection to try and test this, I ask you guys if any of you know about this.

If it doesn't, then how should I detect when a player gets disconnected?

Septimus

Reaction score
My leaderboard did't change the player name once the player leave game due to disconnect. But, I had my trigger set that if player left game, the leaderboard would change the player name to left game. Strange :confused::confused::confused:

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Septimus: create a new thread if you got a problem. And, no, it is not strange, you did something wrong, somewhere, somehow.

>>Hmm... now how come I didn't see that
Or how come you did not knew it, never played on battle.net? Due to players disconnect in "every" game, and then their units are killed/whatever. Rhetorical question.

Edit:
Quoting the rules: If you have a question of your own to ask, post a new thread, don't try to take over someone else's thread.

This thread was about if the event "A player leaves game" fires when a player disconnects, which it does, your question is about a trigger which is supposed to update a leaderboard.

Septimus

Reaction score
lol.. Why should I open new thread ? The problem I am facing are right now in this topic. Open another topic that are discussing about the same problem is just a waste of forum space and perhaps consider spamming ?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
If you read the rules, you would see that you shouldn't hijack other users threads. How do you expect other users to get an answer to their question if someone comes along and says "OMG I HAVE PROBLEM, HELP" in the middle of their thread?

The Rules said:
DO NOT HIJACK THREADS! If you have a question of your own to ask, post a new thread, don't try to take over someone else's thread.

This specific thread is for helping darkRae detect disconnection, not helping you with a leaderboard. As ManyTimes said, if you need help with it, create your own thread.

There's over 1000 pages of threads in the WE Help Zone. I'm sure you will be forgiven for adding one thread to that :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.