Detecting Immolation

Azrooh

Reaction score
If I have a dummy projectile unit with immolation, how would I detect when it damages a unit with its immolation so I can remove it?
Also, is there way to do pathability checks in GUI?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
boolean condition, terrain pathability?

and use GDD or a unit takes damage event, if the damager = projectile, then you know the rest

Azrooh

Reaction score
I only have 'A unit takes damage' for specific unit events. I'm using JASS Newgen Pack.

Okay, I have the terrain pathability thing.

Trigger:
  • Testing
    • Events
      • Unit - Peasant 0012 <gen> Takes damage <-- No takes damage for generic unit event.
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Damage source)) Equal to Spear
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Damage source) from the game
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodPeasant.mdl

Trigger:
  • Testing2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in SpearGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain pathing at (Position of (Picked unit)) of type Walkability is off) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
            • Else - Actions
              • Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to ((Current flying height of (Picked unit)) - 1.00) at 0.10

^
|
|

How much would that trigger lag, assuming I'm not setting 'speargroup' every time, but continually updating it every time a spear is thrown/destroyed?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
you might want to clean position leak, but it wont lag at all (maybe after a long time it will)

I only have 'A unit takes damage' for specific unit events. I'm using JASS Newgen Pack.

Either (1) Create a trigger with the event A Unit Enters Playable Map Area and Action = Trigger - Add Event "Triggering Unit" Takes damage. you will also need to create another trigger that has an event of Map Initialization, Pick all units on the map and do Trigger - Add Event "Picked Unit" takes damage.

or.. (2) Get Weep's GDD system, you can search it

Azrooh

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Testing
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of GDD_DamageSource) Equal to Spear
      • (Unit-type of GDD_DamagedUnit) Equal to Survivor
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove GDD_DamageSource from the game
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of GDD_DamagedUnit using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodPeasant.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

This trigger works perfectly. But would this trigger work? Without creating the full system that implements it it'd be difficult for me to test, and I'm not sure if 'picked unit' would carry through all this or if the crow form would cause significant lag.

Trigger:
  • Testing2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain pathing at (Position of (Picked unit)) of type Walkability is off) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Picked unit)
              • Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to ((Current flying height of (Picked unit)) - 1.00) at 0.10
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Current flying height of (Picked unit)) Equal to 0.00
                • Then - Actions
                • Else - Actions

E:

Okay, I tested it, and it didn't lag. I edited it to fix some problems, and I can't get it to edit the height. It'll work wonderfully... If I can get it to change the height. What's my problem here?

Trigger:
  • Testing2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain pathing at (Position of (Picked unit)) of type Buildability is off) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Region - Center SpearDetectionRegion <gen> on (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Destructible - Pick every destructible in SpearDetectionRegion <gen> and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Picked destructible) is alive) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Picked unit)
                      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Picked unit)
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Current flying height of (Picked unit)) Equal to 0.00
                        • Then - Actions
                        • Else - Actions

Also, is there a way to take the flames off targets of permanent immolation? There's no attatchment and I took off the buff. A new ability that does the same thing would be fine as well.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
What position leak?

Position of (Picked Unit)

uhh, i think if you keep the buff, but go to the buff editor and edit the attachment model, you can get rid of it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.