Disable/Enable Upgrades

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Essentailly what I am looking to accomplish is to disable a tech upgrade from even showing up for research till a previous upgrade is purchased. Simply adding it as a techtree requirement doesn not work as the faded icon still appears. I want to use the same button position as its prerequisite and have it appear only for purchase after the first icon/upgrade is bought - opening up a space for the new one in its location. I need to be able to do this several times. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this.

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
To turn the research on use this trigger:
Code:
Player - Set the max research level of (Tech name here) to (max tech level 1 for simple techs) for Player X (Color)

Now the tricky part. To disable the tech at the start go to Scenerio->Upgrade Properties.
then set the tech you want to dissapear to "Unavalible".
Viola!

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
To turn the research on use this trigger:
Code:
Player - Set the max research level of (Tech name here) to (max tech level 1 for simple techs) for Player X (Color)

Now the tricky part. To disable the tech at the start go to Scenerio->Upgrade Properties.
then set the tech you want to dissapear to "Unavalible".
Viola!

Cool thanks. I got the techs disabled now but I am not sure about that trigger?

Doesn't this need a condition with it?

Or can I do a pick every player in group and do command?

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
That is not the full trigger, that is just the GUI command you would use.
That command will enable the tech for a single player. You can use
Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in (Group) and (Do Actions)
with that command.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
An alternate method (and perhaps more useful, as it can be set mid-game) is to set the maximum research level of a Technology to 0.

This disables the technology, and it disappears until you set the maximum research level to something greater than one.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Okay that's good to know but what is the condition to trigger this action. I can't find how to set this up. What is the event, condition, and action. The trigger should fire after the previous tech is upgraded? I don't know how to trigger this. Thanks.

Also another thing that I might not be clear on is that it isn't just leveling the same ability, I could do that through data entry alone, its making one upgrade be the prerequisite for another and the later vanishing until the first is used.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.