Disable item skill

Aiden

Reaction score
just like that, when one hero took a flag, then if he has a item with skill
disable.
If he droop the flag then able to use again.

johnnymra

Reaction score
Hmm interesting problem you have here... i don't have much knowledge about these things but a "rudimentary" idea might be to create an copy of every item and remove the abilities of those copies... when the hero takes the flag his items should be replaced with its copy and vice versa when the flag is dropped. Yet this way requires a lot of triggering and there should be a easier way to do it with JASS (which i don't know sorry).

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could use something like Engineering Upgrade, where the flag has the ability. Have one of the fields with your original spell at the top, then make a dummy skill based off Channel with Visible unchecked. This should replace the ability with nothing when the flag is taken, then restore the ability when the flag is dropped.

educator

Reaction score
maybe, if when a hero picks up the flag it drops his items and moves them elsewhere, until the unit drops the flag, maybe also prevent any unit carrying the flag from picking up other items.

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
make a dummy invisible unit you give to each player make that unit the tech tree requirement to cast the item ability when hero picks up flag take away ownership of the dummy unit.

Aiden

Reaction score
for some reason doesnt work.
hmmm the item have 3 item abilitys
1 active , 2 pasive .

even if i set
Requirements - Level 9999
still alow to use the skill

tmow

Reaction score
Quite simple, like johhny said. When a player picks up the flag, (use a player string to make the triggering easier) swap the ability he has and the abilities the flag has to ones that work and dont. For example nightstalkers passive in dota when it turns night he gains a bonus movement speed etc and at day time it goes away. The ability icon is the same but instead of being endurance aura + .2% its 0, so it looks the same just has no bonus's...hope i helped!

canons200

Reaction score
first way, make a copy of every item with not actively used, when pick up flag, replace every actively item.

second, make use of ability doom, doomed unit can't used item or ability.

third, pray to god so hard so that your map strike bug and for the bug is that, the unit picked up flag will have item disable use.

Aiden

Reaction score
i think i found a easier solution.
Hero pick the flag.
Item with active ability -remove , Then
Give to hero the same item but without the active ability, so if click to the item
nothing do.
: D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.