Disable Pathing?

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
What is this "disable pathing for a unit" and where can I find it ?

This is not related much to the object editor, but more to the trigger editor.

It seems like it doesn't exist. Normal units don't even have that kind of pathing, only collision size.

This is related to Spectre in DotA and the spectral dagger. It allows spectre to pass through units. How is it done?

If I think right then only spectre can pass through units. HOW?

This is easily doable if a unit's movement type is "none".
Fly doesn't work here, because spectre can't fly over cliffs. => Spectre is indeed moving by foot.

Please don't post things like "Ghost (Visible)" as it clearly doesn't work.
Also does not work the Turn off collision trigger (I wonder if it does anything at all -_-).

+rep to the person that comes up with a solution. All you have to do is basicaly tell how spectre does it in dota :)

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Set your unit's:

Pathing - None
Collision Size - 0.00

If this doesnt work:
Code:
Unit - Set Unit colliion to Off

Nerfpl

Reaction score
locust bugs when you try to remove it :/

im dont gonna post whole dota exaplaination because spoiler tags dont works, but guy clearly state few time that "pathing is removed from hero"

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Try to google open dota project and take a look at Dota's spectre code "Known as Shadow Dagger". Or just remove and add locust with Jass.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Please don't post things like "Ghost (Visible)" as it clearly doesn't work.
Also does not work the Turn off collision trigger (I wonder if it does anything at all -_-).

Both of these options turn off collision. Ghost (Visible) makes you go through units only, while Turn off collision makes you go through all doodads as well as units.

If neither of these options turn off collision in your map, then there must be some other trigger working against the effect somehow. It happens.

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
>Locust.

No.
You can't select units with the locust ability so that doesn't relate to this situation.

>Pathing - None
>Collision Size - 0.00

:(
Oh man...

OKAY! I am a footman! I have an ability "Set pathing to none and collision size to 0". I use the ability! So? How am I going to do it -_-? That's right! I can't do that!

And it doesn't work anyways, try it yourself. The unit will still be blocked by others if it has the ability to move (such as "foot").

>im dont gonna post whole dota exaplaination because spoiler tags dont works, but guy clearly state few time that "pathing is removed from hero"

I read the "triggered skills explained", but it doesn't realy tell you how the pathing is removed.

If you could show (tell) me exactly HOW is this done, I would be realy greatful.

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
Both of these options turn off collision. Ghost (Visible) makes you go through units only, while Turn off collision makes you go through all doodads as well as units.

If neither of these options turn off collision in your map, then there must be some other trigger working against the effect somehow. It happens.

Strange. This seems to be true. I guess in my situation a conflict is caused by the CREATE UNIT and MOVE UNIT actions. And that sucks :(

Okay what I'm trying to do, is to create a unit in a way so that when created it already acts as it has no collision (AND it has the movement ability).

When I create a unit with those properties (just a dummy unit for the effect) the unit is created near the desired location, if there's already a unit there (for example "Position of triggering unit"), but NOT right at that point.

Edit: Sorry people. Looks like I got everyone a bit confused. Your suggestions MAY work, but it doesn't help in my situation wich I described above.

The unit has the locust ability, no pathing, 0 collision, BUT it has movement type - foot (althought movement speed is 0). The movement type alone seems to break the triggers and they start to bug a lot.

Edit 2: Movement speed doesn't matter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.