Disable Summon Building and Another Weird Issue

njb013

Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking to disable the Summon Structure ability from a specific group of Acolytes on my map. It is important that it doesn't affect all Acolytes, so deleting the 'buildable' list will not work. Also, as I do not have The Frozen Throne, my GUI is limited heavily, and therefore JASS is probably the best solution. Thanks :)

Edit 2: Got the Locust problem figured out (nonexistent in RoC, thanks accname!)

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd guess it doesnt work because the locust ability is frozen throne only since it was introduced with the crypt lord hero and his locust swarm.
Try adding the "ward" classification to a unit since it will hide the command card but i cannot tell if it is frozen throne only or not or if it has this effect even when added through triggers.

njb013

Reaction score
I'd guess it doesnt work because the locust ability is frozen throne only since it was introduced with the crypt lord hero and his locust swarm.
Try adding the "ward" classification to a unit since it will hide the command card but i cannot tell if it is frozen throne only or not or if it has this effect even when added through triggers.

Thank you for mentioning ward, I meant to ask about that as well. I've heard that the only way to add ward classification is by 'replacing the unit with an identical unit with the ward classification'. I have zero idea what this means :confused: I'd need some help with the JASS syntax too please, as there is no change classification in the GUI.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is none in the GUI there is non in jass either. Reign of Chaos doesnt allow this, get frozen throne if you want to make "complex" custom maps.

njb013

Reaction score
I ordered TFT yesterday, so I suppose I can bear to wait until then =\ It shouldn't be a problem then, once I have it?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just tested it and frozen throne doesnt allow to add the "ward" classification ingame either. It got to be fixed for units beforehand.

Plan B).
Instead of trying to add an ability remove the "build" ability from your units.
It is an invisible ability which the units get added automatically if they have any buildings in their construction data field.
I dont know however how the raw code for these abilities is but i believe that it is possible to do this.
I once saw those ability codes in an old library of WEU which is now very outdated.

njb013

Reaction score
What if I use a unit which is not used in my map currently (a troll, or something) and make it a ward and give it the harvest (acolyte) ability? Would that work in its place?

njb013

Reaction score
Alright, so I replaced the Acolytes with Zombies to stay with the whole undead theme; however, even though I went into the Object Editor, took off their undead classification and put on the ward classification, they can still be attacked, selected, etc. What is going on now?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Wards can be attacked and selected; they can also be smart-ordered, but they have no command card.

njb013

Reaction score
Ah, right. I was getting ward and locust mixed together in my head. Fixed now, thanks!

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm probably missing some context, but.. why not just replace the acolytes with acolytes that are missing the building lists? (copied unit)

njb013

Reaction score
I'm probably missing some context, but.. why not just replace the acolytes with acolytes that are missing the building lists? (copied unit)

I'm not sure you can do that; I'm pretty sure build lists are universal for each unit-type. It doesn't matter now though, as I got that problem resolved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.