Disabling Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
For starters, there is no possible way even to detect cheating through any form of an entered string. You can test this do making a trigger that reads something like this

Code:
Check
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Test

You will see that it displays that message when you type anything, but not when you type in a cheat.

The only way you can test this is by making a completely controlled situation. Now, whos your daddy multiplies your damage by 100. You can integrate triggers that set a units health to a variable, cause a players hero to do 1 damage to it through triggers and check if more than 2 damage was done. If so, they're cheating.

Inversely, you can create an invisible unit with 100 health and high regeneration. Periodically, you can cause your hero to damage that unit for 1 point. If the unit dies, you can just pick every unit owned by owner of killing unit and explode them or put him into cintematic purgatory. Personally, I'd reccomend this method. GL.

My method of stopping gold cheating would be this. First, what you'll want to do is find out the biggest single way to get gold in your map. This will not work if you can get 10,000's of gold from one method, but that is rare.

Code:
Cool
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current gold becomes Greater than (Real((Player 1 (Red) Current gold)))
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Player 1 (Red) Current gold) - (Integer(Playersgold[(Player number of (Triggering player))]))) Greater than 500
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions
        Set Playersgold[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Real((Player 1 (Red) Current gold)))

500 being the highest possible way to get gold in your map. Basically, if a players gold spikes as it shouldn't be, they get defeated.

crabbb622

Reaction score
okay, so after endlessly posting useless information, i finally came up with a legitamate solution

it's not professional, but check to see if there is only 1 player. if so, you could require the player to type whoisyourdaddy. if the player is on single player, then it will not return anything and you can end the game or something or do something too funny like making his hero explode every 2 seconds and revive

Edit: i am so pro, the first one to come up with the solution that covers ALL cheats;RAWR i feel SPECIAL

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I didn't understand a single thing you just said.
Nor, from what I actually did comprehend, would any of that work...

Never_Quit

Reaction score
okay, so after endlessly posting useless information, i finally came up with a legitamate solution

it's not professional, but check to see if there is only 1 player. if so, you could require the player to type whoisyourdaddy. if the player is on single player, then it will not return anything and you can end the game or something or do something too funny like making his hero explode every 2 seconds and revive

Edit: i am so pro, the first one to come up with the solution that covers ALL cheats;RAWR i feel SPECIAL

Bravo!
...lol

crabbb622

Reaction score
@WolfieNoCT
okay, its like this:
typing in cheats doesn't return anything, right?
so you could like force the player to type in a cheat into chat. if the player is on single player, then he can't type it!

crabbb622

Reaction score
Have you tested that?

And wouldn't the player just not type the message in :p ?
well, according to eveyrone else, that's what would happen...

and no, you have a time limit to type it in. for example, if the game does not register that you typed whosyourdaddy within 20 seconds, then you do funny things to the player. or you could just not start the game until the person typed it

crabbb622

Reaction score
lol i wonder if the guy who originally posted this thread still wants the answer

Edit: and thank you for the kodo beasts. anyone else wanna congratulate me?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
If you don't want the game to be played solo, you could also just do:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set playingNumber = (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to (==) User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to (==) Is playing)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of players in playingNumber) Equal to (==) 1
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Game - Defeat (Player((Integer A))) with the message: Defeat!
        • Else - Actions

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
That's sort of cheat prevention :p .
Either way, I still say:
Again;
If people want to cheat to feel superior, I say let them.
Cheating ruins the gaming experience.
Even if you do win/are better then everyone else;
Who cares?
You cheated to get there, congratulations.

crabbb622

Reaction score
who, me?

Edit: eh, i'll post it anyways. freehand, though

Trigger 1
Events--initialization
Conditions--1 player in the map only
Actions--Display text to all players: type whosyourdaddy to begin the game

Trigger 2
Events--player enters string whosyourdaddy into chat
Actions--start game?

the reason the person can't cheat is because they can't type whosyourdaddy into chat on single player
if you don't know where all these commands are, ask someone else

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
If you don't want the game to be played solo, you could also just do:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set playingNumber = (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to (==) User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to (==) Is playing)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of players in playingNumber) Equal to (==) 1
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Game - Defeat (Player((Integer A))) with the message: Defeat!
        • Else - Actions

Lol...

(Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User))) Equal to 1

Crabb what you're suggesting is extremely, extremely stupid. You can detect if one player is playing, simple...

istar

Reaction score
so... your trigger just prevents people from playing in Single Player?
theres already a variable
to check for Single Player mode....
but the original intent of the thread starter i assume is allow single player and yet disable cheats
you cant always disable single player, like if your map is too big for multiplayer

crabbb622

Reaction score
yea. it's effective because it's been proven hard to use cheat codes on lan

Edit: but it allows the player to play by himself

Never_Quit

Reaction score
lol you should say in game text

type allyourbasearebelongtous

or someonesetusupthebomb

to start the game :D

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Your trigger wouldn't work crabbb.
The trigger doesn't detect the chat message "whosyourdaddy".

@Cloak_Master: Your suggestion is just as bad IMO.
What if the player gets 500 gold legitly?
Don't bash other people when you aren't that good either.
Thanks.

istar

Reaction score
the game cant detect 'whosyourdaddy' so you wouldnt ever start game?
and that 2 triggers is troublesome when you can just use a single boolean

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.