Disabling Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabbb622

Reaction score
at the start of the game, create a menu asking the player if they are going to use cheats. If the player selects yes, then end the game

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
To end this problem:

Like Ghan_04 said, if they want to cheat and ruin their gaming experience, let them.
I've tested around with this and I have not found a way to stop it.

Also crabbb622, spamming stuff that obviously won't work doesn't help ;) .

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
There are a few things you can do to detect if cheats are used, firstly check the gold and lumber of a player slot that isn't being used, it should have 0 and 0, if it dosen't then defeat red with message cheater, you can also create a unit for red every so and so secounds and order it to cast a spell, then check how much mana it has, you can do the same with the health, create 1 unit for red then make another for NH and order it to attack reds unit, if it takes no damage then defeat red.

Dirac

Reaction score
Turn off the gameplay constant. I bet that when you try to cheat when the constant is off, the text can be detected. Punish the cheaters with your trigger :thup:

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
gold and lumber can be monitored

whosyourdaddy can also be monitored by having a unit attack a unit with high regen, and if the unit with high regen dies, then this cheat was activated

iseedeadpeople can also be detected via a similar way, this time a unit with no sight of a enemy unit next to it, if it's attacked then you know why

any other cheats that you are worried about?

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
I think there is an anti-cheat system somewhere on the net. Also, cheating in single player can be quite annoying, namely in oRPG maps with save codes.

It is very possible though, in Dark Invasion II, if you type a cheat all that comes from it is a message from you say "I'm a douchebag! I like to cheat!"

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Again;
If people want to cheat to feel superior, I say let them.
Cheating ruins the gaming experience.
Even if you do win/are better then everyone else;
Who cares?
You cheated to get there, congratulations.

istar

Reaction score
you could make the game such that it would not run in single player
such that if they want to play solo, they have to create it in LAN and play solo, LAN disables cheats

crabbb622

Reaction score
hey, just saying.
Also, you could make them run a cheat detection program in order to start the game. the program would be able to detect if the player entered a cheat code,
bam

Never_Quit

Reaction score
for the gold and lumber and food stuff...

if they cheat on any of those values it does something bad to the player... like

Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • ((Player((Integer A))) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 9999
                  • ((Player((Integer A))) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 9999
                  • ((Player((Integer A))) Food used) Greater than or equal to 20
            • Then - Actions
              • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions

of course the values are up to you

crabbb622

Reaction score
for the gold and lumber and food stuff...

If they cheat on any of those values it does something bad to the player... Like

Trigger:
  • melee initialization
    • events
      • time - every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • conditions
    • actions
      • for each (integer a) from 1 to 12, do (actions)
        • loop - actions
          • if (all conditions are true) then do (then actions) else do (else actions)
            • if - conditions
              • or - any (conditions) are true
                • conditions
                  • ((player((integer a))) current gold) greater than or equal to 9999
                  • ((player((integer a))) current lumber) greater than or equal to 9999
                  • ((player((integer a))) food used) greater than or equal to 20
            • then - actions
              • cinematic - turn cinematic mode on for (all players)
              • unit group - pick every unit in (units in (playable map area)) and do (actions)
                • loop - actions
                  • unit - kill (picked unit)
            • else - actions

of course the values are up to you

LOL epic code

Never_Quit

Reaction score
What if the player gets more then those values legitly?

EDIT: And why does it kill ALL units?
And why is there a loop?

the loop is to check each players resources ever two seconds

And what if the player is smart and does: Greedisgood 500, and not 10000!

just a risk youd have to take?

also after re-reading i agree that counting the players controlled by users = 1 then pick all players message defeat would be the absolute easiest way to solve it. Unless you want them to still be able to play the game solo.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
2 suggestions:
Instead of using bounties, trigger gold upon death using the unit's point values and floating text (Stats - Point Value, default is 100), and save the player's gold to a variable.
A periodic event checks if the gold is higher than the variable, and if it is, explode all units or something, heh. Effective counter to the greed cheat for any amount. All gold must be triggered, however. Not too hard.

For whosyourdaddy, you could do another trigger that if a unit is damaged and the damage dealt is equal to 0, set an integer to Integer + 1.
Every 5 seconds, if Integer is greater than 10, kill the triggering unit*. Not tested, but I'm pretty confident it will work :p

*The problem with this that it might be possible to fire automatically. Not sure. There are other things that can deal 0 damage, but they're uncommon. It'd be amazed if it happened more than twice a second.

That would counter the 2 meanest triggers, I guess you could do another trigger that stores upgrades in a variable to counter sharpandshiny, but it depends on the map type, really.

And I did not see that this was a 3-page thread. But, whatever. Only one good answer in those three pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.