Disconnections every 20 minutes

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Hello,
I have experienced disconnections ever since.. we moved here. Before, there was at most one disconnection a day. If we got lucky, maybe just once in a week.
Ever since we changed ISP, and the modem/router that was included, disconnections happens more frequently. I keep losing connection in the middle of a game and this also affects web browsing. This happens about every 20 minutes and it takes about 2-10 minutes before I can use the internet again.
I'm sure the cables are properly connected, cause.. well it works sometimes, like now.

We had a Thompson before, I forgot the model. When we changed ISP, we got another Thompson, TG787. But like I said, the disconnections were really annoying, so we decided to try another modem/router. Right now we're using a Zyxel P-660H-D1 and a D-Link Dir-855. But the issue remains.

I'm not very experienced with these kind of stuff, cause it was either my dad or my cousin who dealt with it.

Thanks for your time.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
My best guess would be that your ISP is out of IP addresses (I had this kind of issue a couple years ago) and that they have to disconnect some people so that they can assign that IP to someone else for a period of time, and so they do rolling disconnects to give everyone some portion of internet time. Obviously, this means a couple things:

1. Your ISP is crap.
2. It's not your problem.
3. You are very annoyed.
4. Your ISP is crap.

Anyway, that's not the only possibility, but that would be my first guess based on your description.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.