Snippet Display Mana/HP Regen

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
A short and sweet trigger that displays mana or health regeneration/sec with some "good" accuracy.

- Only use when testing a map
- Only supports player red
- Disable the trigger when you don't need it
- Select a unit or two to display regen

Code:
Display Mana Regen
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                B Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Set I = 0
                Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is selected by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set I = (I + 1)
                        Set U[I] = (Picked unit)
                        Set M[I] = (Mana of U[I])
                Set B = False
            Else - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to I, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(((Mana of U[(Integer A)]) - M[(Integer A)]))) above U[(Integer A)] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                        Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                        Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds
                        Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.50 seconds
                        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                Set B = True

If you'd like to display HP regen instead, change the variable 'M' to store current health.
The first Floating Text action also needs to read: "Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(((Health of U[(Integer A)])...."

Demo map available here.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I think I understand this trigger now!
If i was to make it be able to detect 12 units at a time i would have to change the Arrays to 12 right?

I'd +rep but i already did it when you first posted this before xD

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> If i was to make it be able to detect 12 units at a time i would have to change the Arrays to 12 right?

No, the integer variable 'I' takes care of everything for you.
It can work with up to 100 units.

Not that you'd have that many at once, but it's sure nice to know :)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Ohh, I keep thinking that unit and player group actions are instantly done. I forget that it actually loops the actions for each unit one after another. Even though you said nothing about loops, it cleared things up for me xD.

Anyways
ONTOPIC!

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
It's nice, though there are a few problems.
Firstly if the unit drinks a potion or casts a spell during this time the value displayed wouldn't be accurate. Also, the texttag doesn't follow the unit which may cause confusing. Note that the limit is 100 units (texttag limits).

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
^ Its just a testing type of code to see how much mp/hp you regain so i think that details like that arent neccessary.

As for the array thing im lost again. They array is only 1 so if you do set l = l + 1 and you have selected 3 units how does that work? Wouldnt it be U[3]? But then thats not possible since the array is only 1. Shouldnt you add the selected unit to some sort of unit group instead?

Theres nothing wrong with it, (i just tried 4 units) but i just wana try and understand the coding.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
As for the array thing im lost again. They array is only 1 so if you do set l = l + 1 and you have selected 3 units how does that work? Wouldnt it be U[3]? But then thats not possible since the array is only 1. Shouldnt you add the selected unit to some sort of unit group instead?

It's because there is loop. Say there are 3 units. The unit group loop will loop 3 times. For the first loop, the 'I' value would be 1. So 'U' would be U[1]. For the second loop, 'I' would be 2, and 'U' would be U[2], and so on.... This happens in a split second, and if there is increasing number of units selected, it wouldn't make a difference. Hope this is what you are asking for.

Simple, yet cool system :). +R

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Yeh i understand that part but the array is U[1]. Wouldnt 1 be the maximum?

Hmmm... Maybe there is something wrong with the trigger posted by Tinki? The 'i' is supposed to be 'I'?

Code:
Set I = (I + 1)
[B]Set U[i][/B] = (Picked unit)
[B]Set M[i][/B] = (Mana of [B]U[i][/B])

Not sure. If you mean the array value in the variable menu, then change it to 8000 (or 200 will do). The array for 'U' and 'M', that is.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
It's nice, though there are a few problems.
Firstly if the unit drinks a potion or casts a spell during this time the value displayed wouldn't be accurate. Also, the texttag doesn't follow the unit which may cause confusing. Note that the limit is 100 units (texttag limits).
The first part is probably unavoidable, and isn't worth abolishing anyway.

The second would be good, but I don't think I'll add that at this stage.

I never knew texttags were limited to 100 for units, thanks for pointing that out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.