Display Mana Required for spell in percentage

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
If a spell required 20% of your base mana, and lets say the base mana was 100. How would I make the mana required display 20 for the 20% mana cost?

Thanks.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
easy way -> (not available)
hard way -> make millions of copys of your spell for every mana it may need and create triggers to switch to the proper version

my suggestion: forget it, its not worth the work.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
easy way -> (not available)
hard way -> make millions of copys of your spell for every mana it may need and create triggers to switch to the proper version

my suggestion: forget it, its not worth the work.

Is this the same for both the description and the actual mana cost? I'm basing my mana cost off of a trigger, so I'm not using the "Stats - Mana Cost" I'm using the description to display my mana cost.

Is it still not possible?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
No, you can't display trigger data in tooltips. unfortunately. If it were possible, oh how many things would be so much easier!!

sarkurayboy

Reaction score
Like Accname said , there is no easy way. I played so many maps , so far what you suggested is still something impossible. Actually you make your spell's mana cost to 0. Then trigger it , but then it will cause alot of problem. For example , when your hero's mana is 0 , he/she can freely cast that spell without any mana.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Your best shot is "20% of base mana." You can make a space ("|n") in the tooltip name and it will appear beneath like a mana cost.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Like Accname said , there is no easy way. I played so many maps , so far what you suggested is still something impossible. Actually you make your spell's mana cost to 0. Then trigger it , but then it will cause alot of problem. For example , when your hero's mana is 0 , he/she can freely cast that spell without any mana.

You could use a trigger to check the available mana. If the mana is insufficient, you could order the casting unit to stop and stimulate an error message. However, this doesn't work for spells that are cast instantly (ex: Berserk, Windwalk).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.