Display Question (unit name and hit points)

Reaction score
Probably the answer will be No, but is there a way to:
1. Display simply the amount of hit points a unit has, not like 203/650, but only 203.
2. Change ingame the name of a non-hero unit to reflect its hit points. E.g. a Grunt with 767 hit points has the name "767 Grunts", which changes when it takes damage.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
I understand where you are going with this, and no, you can't. :<

Likely there are other ways to simulate mass units.... You could, for instance, use floating text, either displaying the actual number above the units, or, doing a sort of 'bar' thing, that changes colors or something (by filling the text with something like "|")

Reaction score
Nice idea with the floating text, or I'll probably end up using heroes, but I wanted normal units, because of their cleaner interface (less stats, no XP bar).
I know it can't be done through the normal editor, but I've seen incredible things done by using third party programs, that's why I ask.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
I don't even think custom natives could make that sort of thing work, because of the way wc3 reads things out of the object editor.

If you are really dedicated to this, you could make ~1000 units of the same type, with different names and hitpoints. But that's just crazy. You might want to just use heroes, and have their threes stats represent things. For instance, strength would be number of forces, agility would be mobility, and intelligence would be expertise.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.