Distance between Unit-type and Unit in unit group.

Raizzen

Reaction score
Hi, I need to know how can I do to something like this:

E: Every 0'01 sec
C:
A: If distance between Unit of Type A and Unit in group CREEP < 5 , then do: Kill Unit in group CREEP

MetaMoRpheXx

Reaction score
I think you must create a certain region for yor Unit group

Then try this:

Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters region
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to (Entering unit)
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of certain times you want to loop your actions), do (Action)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Kill (Random unit from(Units owned by (Your Player Here) of type (Your desired unit to be killed))

I hope it helped...

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Morph (if i understand what your after) has the idea, though the region thing could be limiting :/ Hazy as to what you want... like, a one-at-a-time super-ranged immolation? I dont know...

And i don't know of any distance calculator pre-set in the editor, so you're probably going to have to use distance formula
(it's much easier than it looks at first)
Distance formula Use either four integer variables, or one arrayed variable for the x1 x2 y1 and y2 , and use the wc-grid for calculations. GL.

Need any help, i'll try to check up on this post.

Edit; actually, now that i think about it, add unit's to a unit group, from the creep group in a certain range of the unit that's killing them >.> that'd be much easier.

Raizzen

Reaction score
Errrr, is not really the answer that I'm looking for.
I want to make a trigger that makes a specific unit type explode when he is at X distance of another unit in unit group, like goblin's suicide spell, but without using spell.

And my matter is that i don't know how to do 2 differents "picked unit" because I think I have to do:

Pick every unit in (unit type of: Suicidal) and do:
Picke every unit in (unit in group: Enemies) and do:
If (real comparison) distance between Picked unit (Suicidal) and (Enemies) <= 5 then: Make Picked unit (Suicidal) explode

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Don't ever put a wait in a loop with a global variable, Morph. It doesn't work and it never will work.

The *easiest* way to do this would be to make the unit type emit an aura with your specified range and then check if the units in the group "Creep" have the aura buff and if not, do your actions.

Raizzen

Reaction score
Good idea, using aura debuff range to allow actions, but someone knows another way to do this with trigger?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.