Divine shield animation

elpini0

Reaction score
Hi, guys!:D

I'm new to ability creation, and I've looked up in several threads but I still don't know how to create a spell from ZERO without using JASS (if this is possible).

Now, I wanted to create a Spell called "Golden Skin" which uses the animation of the Divine Shield but in stead of making the caster invulnerable, give him a temporal 50 armor bonus.

I set up both the ability and the spell correctly, but when I came to set the ability, i found that the was no place to set up this armor bonus.

So I tried creating a trigger, but I didn't know how to remove the Divine shield Invulnerability bonus...

BTW, for the armor bonus i created a trigger that gives casting heroe a spell book of agility but in stead giving him ability, it gives him armor... :confused: Something smells bad here (maybe permanent armor giving?)

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
This is quite simple.

Make a spell based of Rejuvenation editing the data values to add 0 healing. Change the Animation value of the buff to be that of divine shield, and whenever a unit gets this buff, add the Item armor bonus +50 (make it yourself) to that unit via a trigger. The item ability doesn't have an icon, and when the buff is gone, remove the ability.

elpini0

Reaction score
Doesn't work... I enabled the "doesn't need target" option and it stills says "Choose a target"

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Ah, my bad I thought you wanted to cast it on other units and not the caster xD, just base it off roar instead of rejuvenation then, you have the defense increase and everything there, just make the target self only ^^

elpini0

Reaction score
It seems good to me, I'll try it and then I'll post the results. Thank you very much!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.