Do you believe in lucky charms/objects ?

LizzyD

Reaction score
If so, what is/are your lucky charm/s and what feelings do you get when you carry them ?
If you don't, does it mean that you don't believe in their magic power ?

No. There is no such thing as magic. But lucky charms are cute. I don't believe them, but I have them. Most are given by friends.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No. There is no such thing as magic. But lucky charms are cute. I don't believe them, but I have them. Most are given by friends.
Well technically there is magic, we just call it science.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
I believe in lucky charms. I have a necklace and charm that I never take off. Its a Wicca symbol. I believe there are special people in the world so magic is a possibility.

Varine

Reaction score
Because if it happens, something caused it.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
That's the law of cause and effect, something that came out of the laws of physics.
Seriously, when did this become a "universal law"? In reality no such law exists. Well, sure cause and effect somewhat does exist. But It's Just not likely that "it must exist in all things!"

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously, when did this become a "universal law"? In reality no such law exists. Well, sure cause and effect somewhat does exist. But It's Just not likely that "it must exist in all things!"

That's the spirit. Please, I beg of you, be a scientist.

FireCat

Reaction score
Please, I beg of you, be a scientist.
Eh, being a mad scientist?!, NO thanks!

Varine

Reaction score
There are about twenty observable laws that correlate cause and effect. And entropy is existent in all observed actions which is the basis of the cause and effect concept. Nothing just happens, we just don't know what the cause always is. The only thing that might not have a causor is explicit thought, but I'm getting ahead of you. And what Danny is talking about falls under that to some extent, though as to whether it can be considered magic or placebo is subjective and indefinite.

FireCat

Reaction score
I don't really agree with you, that everything that happens has to have a prior cause. Hmm, It seems like "you been caught up in your own trap" .. But well, if you make it happen.. that's another matter. But seriously, Just because we never see this, is not cause and effect "but Just that there are so ..."

Varine

Reaction score
That went from being almost thoughtful and like a real reply to a run on sentence to typical Cheshire to nonsensical bullshit. You clearly are evidence that things happen for no reason.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The only thing that might not have a causor is explicit thought, but I'm getting ahead of you.
Surely all thoughts are caused by some form of external stimuli? Which could then lead to other, less-related thoughts, but still.

Varine

Reaction score
Surely all thoughts are caused by some form of external stimuli? Which could then lead to other, less-related thoughts, but still.

Yes but that is debatable, and really one of the only things debatable for this.

FireCat

Reaction score
Ha Varine
The answer to everything about life is there is no reason. All the bull shit in the world does not give meaning for more more BS
Most of us know that.... you shouldn’t walk up to someone who "Just experienced some tragic event" and be all optimistic and say "Hey everything happens for a reason.” Seriously!

Sometimes things happen and there is "simply no reason or explanation for it". Sometimes unfortunately, things Just happen that’s out of our control, like being at the wrong place at the wrong time!. But almost always, things happen "because of a choice or decision we made" Seriously, the meaning is created by us. The "reason" People who say everything happens for a reason, doesn’t want to take responsibility for the bad choices they mad or, when horrific things happen,. etc.. There will never be a good enough reason to kill someone,rape,terrorism, cruelty or. whatever. There's no rhyme or reason for something like that.

Varine

Reaction score
I haven't been talking about the meaning of life at all. All I'm talking about is cause and effect. And now you're to be discluded.

FireCat

Reaction score
I didn't either. I'm talking about... Cause and effect pretty much BS and everything doesn't happen for a reason. "That's All"

Varine

Reaction score
And your evidence is that there is no reason for life?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.