Do you play with passion?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
di-F44C.jpg

How much do you love video games? Do they play a big role in your life?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I see them as the major form of media for the 21st century.
Way in the past it was pictures drawn on the walls of a cave, then books written by hand, poems, prose, radio, video and now its games. Its evolution of entertainment.
A video game has the potential to offer great music, stunning visuals and pictures, a deep and interesting storyline you can follow and feel and additionally, what is unique to games, it gives you the possibility to play your role in it and do something actively.

Of course not all video games are like this, but some are, and they are great.

Today i rarely play any games, and if i do its either very old games out of nostalgia or its sc2 because i like RTS games in general and i like the sc franchise.
But i have played alot when i was younger.

FireCat

Reaction score
Today i rarely play any games, and if i do its either very old games out of nostalgia or its sc2 because i like RTS games in general and i like the sc franchise.
But i have played alot when i was younger.
So you almost lost the passion for video games. Why?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I play video games for like three hours a week maybe.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
I get on kicks. If I get into a game I'll overplay it 'til it's beat or 'til I'm just plain sick of it, and then I'll go off 'em for a while, kinda wake back up or what have you.

Varine

Reaction score
Go play Doom 3 for 36 hours straight, realize you're on like the third level. It gets old.

FireCat

Reaction score
But I don't think it's always the case. You Just can't beat the game.
Well, other might have done that!

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
For instance, I got on a Skyrim kick recently. I wanted to make the strongest possible character through use of Alchemy/Enchanting/Smithing. Got my dude to level 45 and all those skills to 100 and started making the best weapon possible, only to find out that there's an exploit I didn't know about with alchemy that allows you to get thousands and thousands of damage on your weapon, something that anyone can do from any level; thus, my goal could not be met, and my interest waned at a ridiculous rate. Coulda beat it, but lost interest.

Zakyath

Reaction score
I have fond memories of many games, and have played many games whole-heartedly. But these days I seldom play. When I do, it's mostly to kill some time. Actually I think I play more parlour games, than computer games these days. Which I really don't play that much either.

Varine

Reaction score
I've been really into Gears of War and Fable recently.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I've been a MMO fanatic. But latley I grew tired of that genre. Instead I pick up old games, i.e. Age of Mythology which I installed a few weeks ago, and then I play the old game a little and get insipred to play another old game. And so on. I play too many games and never manage to settle with one.

I dont play all games with passion. But dedicate myself to get better in games such as WoW Arena and League of Legends. The competitive ones.

But as said about, the games that really stuck with me as an experience, are the old games (Final Fantasy Series, Square games, Warcraft 3, Diablo, N64 games, Playstation.. jesus it's too much.. too many... and a few new ones (i.e. Portal series, Half Life, Rain,...).

HOLY CRAP EDIT: Shadow of the Colossus.. omg, best game ever. IMO. So epic. soo magnificent.. I want more games by that developer, but heard they got stuck with no cash flow..

And Mirrors Edge.. DAMN I want a second game.. a follow up.. Half Life 2: Part 3... fuck you.

Varine

Reaction score
I didn't like Mirror's Edge. Shadow of Colossus was cool though, as was Ico. They're making The Last Guardian right now, but I don't know if that has a release date or not.

Varine

Reaction score
What's this? A new FireCat? He's doing weird Cheshire things with the quotes and capitals. And the smiley. It's a Cheshire thread, not a Miss America speech, only a Cheshire would act like it's one. As evident with the aforementioned quote things. And really I think it's worth mentioning how amazingly this didn't stray that far after some 15 posts. It's a milestone. And I just ruined it kinda.

OR, new kid is a suck up, and may have figured out what we've all been trying to do, which is effectively imitate FireCat. In all cases I think we need to have a meeting before we decide how to proceed with our response. Because I don't know what to do.

And, for the achievement, I recently played the new Black Ops. Not a fan. Very confused, I liked the Vietnam thing, this makes no fucking sense now. I liked it when it could tie in realistically, like BO and MW did. BO2? No, no they fucked it up to some alternate reality bullshit and I do not appreciate it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.