Dummy Ability

Shura

Reaction score
A dummy ability would be an ability that does nothing except for activate a trigger. The trigger then can be used to do more things then a regular ability could do. For example, use a dummy ability that will activate a trigger to bring up a menu for the user.

GenDeath

Reaction score
Exactly as shura said, its just that simple. Its commonly used in place of a command, but sometimes it will require a point or a unit, or players.

staticfrog

Reaction score
Oh...so if I had a dummy ability and I made a trigger that if that dummy ability is activated then creeps would start spawning? Also, how would one make a dummy ability? Does it matter what spell as long as it just does nothing? Would be cool if someone could upload a map with a dummy ability for me:D

GenDeath

Reaction score
A instant cast able is always good something war stomp or thunder clap
but it doesn't really matter.

But yeah you could have a unit that once it casted "Start Unit Spawn"
it would start spawning units all over the map.

Shura

Reaction score
Yes, that would be the way to do it. The dummy ability can be any ability, as long as its an active ability and you can be sure that it does nothing but activate. There's no real point in uploading a map, you already seem to know what your doing.

EDIT: Dang, beaten to it. And I always check if someones posted before me, so you would have had to have posted a second before me.

staticfrog

Reaction score
oh well I'm new to this and just want to make sure I know what I"m doing.
So I think I made one..I used thunder clap and when I used it only the animation happens. That's okay right?

GenDeath

Reaction score
Well i suggest instead of when the animation happens
something along the lines of

Triggers(or w/e this is)
Unit - Unit begins casting a spell

Conditions
Spell being cast is equal to (YourSpellHere)

Actions
Your actions

Shura

Reaction score
If your fine with the animation, then that's fine to use. If you wanted something with no animation, you could try basing the dummy ability off of channel.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.