Spell Eagle Strike

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
Eagle Strike

screenshot112223214lh8.jpg

Leakless: Yes
MUI/MPI: MPI
GUI/JASS: GUI

Eagle Strike

Everytime the Dark Ranger attacks an opponent, she has a chance that her pet eagle will follow up with a strike, dealing massive damage and slowing the target.

Level 1 - 10% Chance to strike the opponent dealing .50 x agility in damage, slowing by 20% for 2 seconds.
Level 2 - 15% Chance to strike the opponent dealing .75 x agility in damage, slowing by 30% for 3 seconds.
Level 3 - 20% Chance to strike the opponent dealing 1 x agility in damage, slowing by 40% for 4 seconds.

Note: To learn this skill, she must have to learn a skill that's passive called 'Pet Hawk' which grants extra vision by 200/300/400/500, and summons the hawk.

Code:
Code:
Pet Learn
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Hawk 
    Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of Vision  to ((Current research level of Vision  for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 1) for Player 1 (Red)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Hawk  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Set temppoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Create 1 Hawk for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at temppoint facing Default building facing degrees
                Set Hawk[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
                Set Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Triggering unit)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
                Trigger - Add to Die <gen> the event (Unit - Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Dies)
            Else - Actions

Code:
Move Hawk to Hero
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        Hero[(Integer A)] Not equal to No unit
                    Then - Actions
                        Set temppoint = (Position of Hero[(Integer A)])
                        Unit - Move Hawk[(Integer A)] instantly to temppoint, facing (Facing of Hero[(Integer A)]) degrees
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
                    Else - Actions

Code:
Attack
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Level of Eagle Strike  for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
        (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (5 + (5 x (Level of Eagle Strike  for (Attacking unit))))
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, left of Hawk[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIlb\AIlbSpecialArt.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, right of Hawk[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIlb\AIlbSpecialArt.mdl
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of Hawk[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIlb\AIlbSpecialArt.mdl
        Set temppoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at temppoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add Slow  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Slow  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Eagle Strike  for (Attacking unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint)
        Set temppoint = (Position of (Attacking unit))
        Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at temppoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add Lightning Effect  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Special Archimonde - Finger Of Death (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint)
        Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((Real((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) x ((0.25 x (Real((Level of Eagle Strike  for (Attacking unit))))) + 0.25)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Code:
Forbit Learn
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Eagle Strike 
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Hawk  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Remove Eagle Strike  from (Triggering unit)
                Quest - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the Warning message: You first have to l...
                Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Triggering unit): Add 1 points
            Else - Actions

Code:
Die
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Kill Hawk[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]

EDIT: added implemantation instructions to the map

Attachments

• Eagle Strike.w3x
    39.7 KB · Views: 574

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Roflmao^^
Gonna text it now ;)

After the testing:

I think it is a nice spell. I absolutely like the idea of having creeps spawned on a certain chance on attack which then attack the enemy.
But I dislike the fact that you have a bird all the time above your head, which doesn't look good to be honest. If you could create the bird at a point behind you and have him flying towards the enemy before attack it would be much cooler!

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Nice spell.

- You need a 'Read Me' with implementation instructions inside the test map.
- The spell's tooltip could use a bit more of the color yellow when it comes to "Level #" text.

As a suggestion, you could use Chain Lightning for the bird's ability so that it damages multiple targets and adds to the eyecandy.

Drunken_God

Reaction score
- You need a 'Read Me' with implementation instructions inside the test map.
Done

- The spell's tooltip could use a bit more of the color yellow when it comes to "Level #" text.
It had already been yellow

As a suggestion, you could use Chain Lightning for the bird's ability so that it damages multiple targets and adds to the eyecandy.
But then i would have to use a triggered lightning for the agi part

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
This is a nice skill, you should post it on Hive and see how many dl you will get :thup:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I think the ability is great looking, but requiring the hero to have another ability is kind of a downer. It could work if you had a pet eagle that attacked, as the other ability, but having to get increased line of sight for a point wasn't really worth the point.

This ability would look awesome if you had a model that had an attached eagle on the ranger's shoulder.

Drunken_God

Reaction score
i added the "vision" ability to differ my spell from the other on attack spells

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Once again... thanks for full filling my spell request drunken god, I have not forgotten my tribute to you! and wow! You're getting some great feedback from my spell :p Anyway... cheers! Booze can now have a 10% chance of being Drunken_God :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.