Editing Units make a duplicate in the Data Editor?

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Currently my goal is to have a building that, when it trains a unit(its instant), 5 of the given units are spawned at a region.

I'm working on editing the Marine Mineral cost from 50 to 100, but I want to keep everything else the same-- even the barracks.

Whenever I change that value, or anything else for that matter, it creates a duplicate(probably the parents/dominant unit) that is considered the main 'marine' or main 'barracks'.

How do I make a barracks train a marine for 100 minerals without having to go through all these ability changes and what not?

This is all foreign to me compared to WC3.

I really appreciate the communities patience and support whilst I'm learning.

Thank you!

--Beetle

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
I'd like to know how to have my barracks use the edited Marine instead of the default though.

Regardless of my changes, it will only use the defaulted Marine with the 'Train Marine" ability command.

Any Ideas?

--Beetle

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I'd like to know how to have my barracks use the edited Marine instead of the default though.

Regardless of my changes, it will only use the defaulted Marine with the 'Train Marine" ability command.

Any Ideas?

--Beetle

How can you determine which marine it is in the end if you only changed its cost?^^

As a matter of fact you're creating the correct marine. What you're probably doing wrong though is that you edit the marine, instead of the "train" ability.

IIRC, the unit costs and stuff are defined in the ability, not at the unit data.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.